IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

• auricgoldfinger changed the title to Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread
  • 1 year later...

For anyone shipping to the US, I highly recommend shipping via an alternate carrier like FedEx.  Default shipping method from PHD is Royal Mail which then goes to USPS.  Total time to date since my pair of SR4-T's shipped has been 2 weeks and they just cleared customs, so I probably have another half week to wait until they get to me.

This really does PHD a disservice because Stephen did a great job in turning around my order quickly.  Adding nearly 3 weeks due to shipping is unnecessary when there's an alternative for a slight uptick in shipping cost via a better carrier.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my 19v SR4-T after 19 days of Royal Mail to USPS transit.  My 12v SR4-T was apparently lost by USPS as tracking stopped on May 30th.  Not sure why they were shipped separately as they were both shipped on the same date.  PHD is filing a claim and building a replacement. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paulhynes said:

Hello again Johnseye,

It would appear that USPS service is variable from ok to very slow. The Royal Mail small packet service was chosen for shipping back in 2017 just after the launch of the SR4 when customers were complaining about the cost of using services via UPS, DHL and Fedex, as the Royal mail service was a much lower cost. I would advise anyone who does not want to await the Royal Mail/ USPS route to ask Stephen for a faster shipping method. This will cost more of course.

Hello Paul, I agree fully.  The package was lost for some time with the USPS and for the other SR4T I bought the longest time in transit was within the US.  It's good to have multiple options for shipping and in the future I'll pay a bit more for quicker delivery.

I hope you and your family are well and enjoying the summer.

• 10 months later...

It is very disappointing to read this news.  I was fortunate to get a custom SR7 before the queue built into years of waiting instead of months, and fortunate to get a couple SR4T's.  These are truly top of the line supplies.

I always felt it was risky putting money down on a product you knew you were waiting at least a year for.  Throw in the continued health issues publicly shared by Paul, as well as other excuse stories about why delays were occurring and you had to know your money was at risk.  But it was the best supply out there so people took the risk.  I was very tempted multiple times even to the point of specing out a supply with Paul.  This was before he stopped custom orders.   I was afraid something like this would happen.  Hopefully he'll still fulfil the outstanding custom orders, but I would expect after this there won't be any new business.

When PHD came around it felt more like a retail organization you could trust.  Products getting delivered in weeks or months.  I was getting ready to buy one or two more.  This company could have profited with the reputation Paul had built.  Now to know he milked the cow to death.  So sad.  And those people who relied on PHD for employment...