IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

11 minutes ago, rickca said:

How many amps do you have for EPS12V and for the two 5V accessory rails?  Did you buy cables from Sean as well?  I bet you're excited!

I'll have to dig back in my notes for the amps.  I remember asking him for more than I needed.  Sean made cables for the two 5V rails, but his contract with Innous would not allow him to make the mobo cables.  I just sent the pin assignments to Ghent for those.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Darryl R said:

I had an SR7T on next month's schedule.  Paul's email isn't bouncing, so I'm sure he'll honor the deposits.

Whatever happened, there appears to have been an orderly shutdown at PHD.  I've found Paul to be an honorable man, and I'm hoping he'll communicate with those who have deposits very shortly.

14 hours ago, paulhynes said:

Unfortunately PHD Ltd is indeed now closed because of insolvency due to recent adverse trading conditions, leaving the company unable to cover this month’s operating costs.

Because this is a limited company and it is a separate legal entity, I have to follow strict legal guidelines defined by Companies House and I am currently responsible for liaising with the insolvency practitioner appointed to close the company down and to provide all the information they require to complete their task. The Insolvency practitioner will, in due course, contact anyone with a creditor interest in the company.

My custom build outstanding order schedule is not part of the insolvency proceedings as it was never incorporated into the PHD Ltd company. The only effect the PHD Ltd closure will have on the custom build schedule is absorbing my time over the next few weeks while I comply withy the statutory closure data provision requirements. Once clear of my legal obligations with the Insolvency Practitioner I will continue with the custom build schedule as soon as possible.

My e-mail in box is rather overloaded at present so please do not expect an instant reply. I will answer the e-mail as soon as I can.

I am sorry to be the bearer of such sad tidings.

Regards

Paul

There is of course the issue of those whose money you have taken even very recently whilst knowing the state of affairs of your company.  I'm anticipating you'll be honorable, step out from behind the legal facade, and refund those good-faith payments.

30 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

The "thanks" for the post in question was for answering everyone's questions and keeping interested parties informed.

Please stop making uninformed accusations toward me and others and maintain a civil tone.  Or, take your posts to another thread. 

@The Computer Audiophile

Brian, LTG2010 is right (though a tad uncivil, wouldn't you say?).  Hynes does have a history of mismanagement.  I hope you get your unit.

18 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

I understand the different viewpoints here but at the end of the day we are talking about a startup business, in a remote part of the Scottish islands, going under after two lengthy lockdowns.

I don't know the details but the very best business plans could have been kiboshed in these circumstances.

It's tough out there. 

I reiterate that this is a sad event. PHD were providing high quality products on a reliable basis. The audiophile community are poorer for the lack of this option.

Cheers,

Alan

Hey Alan.  Sure, already time to move on.  I suppose many of us would like to find a responsible maker of quality power supplies for audio applications even under normal economic conditions.  The search continues ...

29 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

If paid by credit card contact your credit card company. You should get your money back. 

No such luck with the bank transfer -- probably the only time I wish I'd paid the extra fees and accepted the lousy exchange rate with PayPal.

7 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I also find it insulting in one vein to talk about business been bankrupt and then be talking about custom builds & SRT. Sounds like Paul will just start again under different name & continue with business as normal. Whilst I people who have lost money sit scratching their heads thinking WTF!! Not good practice at all. 

I lost money to the crook Adrian from TLS, so you have my sympathies 

Be careful, the creator of this thread might call you uncivil and tag the site owner.

15 hours ago, Apmusson said:

People have lost money and tempers / frustrations are rightly running high.

We need to be kind to each other - we don't know who has been affected by this closure.

I appreciate this gracious attitude.  We are both cancer patients here, also nearing retirement age, and I'm out of work with no medical insurance.  With very tight funds, I ordered a PHD LPS after Mr. Hynes personally assured me the business was in great hands that he could retire at ease.  If I had a momentary lapse of poise after Mr. Hynes' last post, I'll have to ask the forgiveness of those offended.  I'm doing great today, but I am also concerned for some here who have far more at stake.

7 hours ago, JonD said:

Now if he has been paying himself dividends from the company as a shareholder and a director, when its been going under, then there may well be a legal case.

Bingo (as we say here in the southern states).  Others have come to me in private, and wish to remain so, but the list goes on with stories of shipments said to be "on the way" but then communication stopped.  Too many people let this guy do this for too long.

6 hours ago, JonD said:

@hopkins I do think that a lot of extra information has been disclosed on this incident, plus some speculation; but don't forget that this really began to kick off when PaulHynes version of events started to get responded to by various people on the other side of the story who were seeing it quite differently.

Ideally PHD Ltd would have announced it was closed and going into liquidation on its own website and Paul would only have needed to link to that and let ppl know what is going on. Instead we got his version of events and that has led to the long conversation and I notice that there is still no official communication from the liquidators to anyone and nothing on the website about the problem.

Very much in keeping with the subject of this thread, let's also remember this is the same individual who has taken thousands of dollars from customers of his "custom business," and has yet to honor some of those orders for up to 4 years!  None of this should come as a surprise (I speak as one with an outstanding PHD order).

• 2 weeks later...