IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

I'm also approaching my 2-year wait anniversary...and everytime I'm thinking of giving-up my order, I receive some promising news from Paul....he replied to me yesterday actually (no specific news on the schedule but he mentioned the issue with your chassis Austinpop) and it seems he's working indeed....but no SR7 has come out the shop since Q3 2018 and this has gotten me concerned about his ability to deliver at all...I guess I'll just wait & see :)

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

17 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

What is your number in the queue?

What was the promising news?

I'm #24.

Promising only means that he's working on the SR7s and getting things sorted...

TANNOY Definition DC8T / STELLO Ai700 / AYRE QB-9 DSD / SOtM sMS-200 Ultra / QNAP HS-251+ / Triode Wire Labs

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard from Paul about the builds that were "ready to ship" ? it seems the situation is not improving, I enquiried about my build (#24) around 2 weeks ago but still has not heard anything....

14 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I'm supposedly build #24.  Hmmm...

Are you sure about this ? Back in June 2018 I stated my number in the SR7 thread and you did not react to my post, on the contrary you seemed to like it :D

Every 3 or 4 months I feel like cancelling my order though....had I found a drop-in alternative to a dual rail SR7 (no bigger, etc....), I would have jumped on it already :(

It's clarified now, 20 months after the build schedule has been defined, I just found out I have Build 25 🙄 Everyone moved by 1 rank due to a "forgotten" order apparently (I had never been informed)

I am now looking to have my order taken over. I asked Paul for names of potentially interested customers but if anyone wants to join the queue instead of me and have the pleasure to experience awful communication along with very poor customer-focus, feel free to contact me ;) (my order is for an SR7DRMR2 but this can be changed I think)

For those who may be interested, my order #25 "up for grab" :D is for an SR7DRMR2 with one rail at 12V/8A and the second one at 9V/2A, along with 2 cables, 1x "DC3FSXLR annealed fine silver with Teflon insulation" and 1x "DC10FS annealed fine silver with Teflon insulation".

I should mention that Paul stated that there is a precision potentiometer with 10V range inside the chassis for each rail, so each of the 2 outputs can be set to a different voltage (I imagine +/- 5V but one would have to get confirmation).

Of course, one can also decide to fully change the specs 🙃

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Nenon said:

- The latest SR7s have been using Streacom chassis.

This is not a true statement. Some people with custom SR7s seem to have chosen a Streacom chassis, but others, like me, never asked for this. I expect that the SR7 shall use the standard chassis with width 220mm.

2 hours ago, Mark (Paul Hynes Design LTD) said:

I’m sure that now things have settled down here, custom builds will be shipped at an increased rate.

It's nice of you to try and offer an explanation Mark.....but for those of us who have been waiting 2 years or more, each and every excuse we received made sense but never anything moved forward after that. I have seen this statement written several times by Paul, which has kept me waiting for so long, but he always ended up not delivering. Personally, I have become tired of excuses and I wish to move on, that's why I've offered my build #25 to someone else.

It's still up for grab ;) I remind you it's an SR7DRMR2, which will not be available in the standardized SR7 range from the looks of it....