IGNORED

Paul Hynes SR7 and SR4 Build Calendar Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, austinpop said:

Congratulations!

What voltage/current are the 4 rails? And what will you be powering?

Do let us know how it sounds after it’s settled in.

Thanks. 2 rails are 5-15v (3A each) and the other 2 are 9-19v (3 and 6A).  Just got an email from Paul this is the first Streacom FC9 chassis he built. He built an FC10 before. He has to use the chassis because the transformer mass is just too big for the specs I specified with the standard case.

I will be powering the entire chain from router, switch, NUC server, NUC Roon, SOtM regen, split cables, etc up to DAC together with 2 units of SR4-12 and a unit of SR4-19. Transparency, details, and instrument separation is what I am after for the type of music I listen to (instrumental) so PH power supply is very important for my set-up.

11 hours ago, Nenon said:

It looks like the voltage/current are written on the Jaeger connectors if you zoom in. 

Nice Streacom chassis. Much better looking than the previous models I have seen.

Congratulations! Let us know how it sounds. 

It's a Streacom FC9. I'm surprised how compact it is. Perfect for my desktop set-up.

3 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Awesome.

You will be doing some of the same tradeoffs I have, which is deciding where to allocate SR7 rails (and what current), and where to use SR4's. I've formed some opinions, but I don't want to bias your observations. Please do keep us posted on your listening results, and what allocations you like best.

These may be OT for this thread - which is about the build calendar - so feel free to post on the novel thread.

I'll post this to the other thread.

11 hours ago, your momo said:

Wasn't it supposed all SR7 3A rails get replaced by 6A regulators ?

Sure it will not allows you to drain 6A due to transformer core and windings will limit max power you can get. But just wanted to know if this update has been implemented in your build.

Only the output device to the ones used in the 6A modules were upgraded on the 3A rails.  The rails are still classified as 3A continuous standard unless a 6A rail is specified.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, your momo said:

How fun, the only tangible I could get by e-mail from Paul this year is my SR7 build number, and guess what, it's build #23

So it's about time we get a nominative list with number and names (can be AS user name) from Paul.

This situation is turning nasty...

I was originally build #14 but but was moved down to build #15. Interesting.

• 1 year later...