ShawnC

Which is louder a Ferrari F12 or B&O Beolab 90 speakers?

Rate this topic

Here's your answer

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

hmmmm... would a Ferrari sound faster than a good electrostatic speaker ??

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

1 hour ago, GregWormald said:

Who cares?

The loudest car in Porsche's museum is about 135 dB. I don't need or even want that much volume in my living room.

I bet it sounds absolutely and stunningly wonderful though. Is it a 917?

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

3 hours ago, GregWormald said:

Who cares?

The loudest car in Porsche's museum is about 135 dB. I don't need or even want that much volume in my living room.

the louder cars are on the track, not in a museum

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

Note the appalling recording technique - massive clipping from the exhaust sound, and when just the driver speaks the waveform shows full range peaks from the sound of his voice. Gets "Best Choice of Microphone" award of the month ...

Frank

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

Ahhh, Mankind ... Porsche intellect, Trabant emotions ...

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

the louder cars are on the track, not in a museum

Much better than on public roads. :o

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

PROFILE UPDATED 31-10-2018

Nowadays some race circuits have a noise regulation. Typically it is 105 dBA or lower, sound level meter is placed on 1m from exhaust, the same height, 45 degree left or right behind

Yamamoto2002

Developer of PlayPcmWin

16 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

hmmmm... would a Ferrari sound faster than a good electrostatic speaker ??

Einstein had proved that nothing can be faster than a good electrostatic speaker long ago ..

Or was it Eisenstein..

9_9

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

12 hours ago, sandyk said:

if they were loud enough you guys could use them for public toad control

On 5/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, AudioDoctor said:

I bet it sounds absolutely and stunningly wonderful though. Is it a 917?

Unfortunately I can't remember which car it was, and I haven't had the pleasure of visiting in person. There is a Youtube video of a visit to the museum with a sound meter. Yes, they actually fired the cars up! in the museum!

22 hours ago, sandyk said:

I know right, how on earth are you supposed to tell the difference between a CD and a copy of that CD with all that racket going on next to you on your Sunday drives?

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

3 hours ago, GregWormald said:

Unfortunately I can't remember which car it was, and I haven't had the pleasure of visiting in person. There is a Youtube video of a visit to the museum with a sound meter. Yes, they actually fired the cars up! in the museum!

Porsche is awesome!

10 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I know right, how on earth are you supposed to tell the difference between a CD and a copy of that CD with all that racket going on next to you on your Sunday drives?

At my age I don't need Sunday drives, especially when I often have to take family members to Sydney and back which is a 240KM round trip , besides which tyre and road noise is a bit intrusive at Motorway speeds.:$

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

you are supposed to use the euphonic motor sounds to drown out the tire and road noise

dunno what can be done about tyre noise

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

you are supposed to use the euphonic motor sounds to drown out the tire and road noise

You tire after hard work.

A tyre is fitted to a car's wheel, except in the U.S.A. where they can't spell the English word correctly.:P

Nope - you guys are backward.

or upside down

18 hours ago, sandyk said:

At my age I don't need Sunday drives, especially when I often have to take family members to Sydney and back which is a 240KM round trip , besides which tyre and road noise is a bit intrusive at Motorway speeds.:$

You would hate my car...

18 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

That's how I do it!

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Nope - you guys are backward.

or upside down

Tyre is the correct English spelling and they are in the same Hemisphere as you Yanks are.

AudioDoctor

Lotsa luck drowning out Ralf11 with euphonic motor sounds .¬¬

Speaking of loud Porsches...  the 991.1 and .2 RSRs are LOUD! and sound amazing.  I put them right up there with the 333SP as one of the best sounding race cars ever.

Best guess of the specs I am aware of is 4.0 liter flat 6, 550hp at 9500rpm.

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Tyre is the correct English spelling and they are in the same Hemisphere as you Yanks are.

AudioDoctor

Are you sure about that?  I can press a button and completely by pass the mufflers...

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

AudioDoctor

"they" ???

I'm in the U.S. - we don't worship the Queen.  Tire is correct.  Tyre is like a funeral pyre