AudioDoctor

No doubt I am going to die someday...

Rate this topic

Just look at all these non audiophile approved cables, bunched together without any regard to crosstalk or RFI interference from one system to the other... Are they even shielded? Some Cosmic radiation is going to knock me out of the air someday.  Seriously, we need to get Audiophile manufacturers on the phone and let them know about this totally untapped market. Maybe this is what Boeing did wrong in the 737 Max 8...

59628336_10217303087356495_8643889719224041472_n.thumb.jpg.01bd8e74e9084ea735a45905d5520347.jpg

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

I believe @gmgraves actually worked designing aerospace or aeronautical wiring at one time.  Maybe he can offer some insight.  

To paraphrase Rick James, "sighted listening is a helluva drug".

10 minutes ago, esldude said:

I believe @gmgraves actually worked designing aerospace or aeronautical wiring at one time.  Maybe he can offer some insight.  

It's my understanding that the connection is much more important than the wire itself. The connection has to be made in such a way that nothing will get it to undo itself in flight.

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

8 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

It's my understanding that the connection is much more important than the wire itself. The connection has to be made in such a way that nothing will get it to undo itself in flight.

Yes, a bad connection could seriously augment the manoeuvring characteristics.

2 hours ago, mansr said:

Yes, a bad connection could seriously augment the manoeuvring characteristics.

It's a true 100% fly by wire airplane, you have no idea!  haha.

2 hours ago, esldude said:

Connectors on ebay.  Was a convenient place that shows lots of them. 

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/aviation-connector

They don't look much different than connectors I see used in industrial instrumentation in harsh environments.  

Great, now I find out the plane has ebay connectors...  

3 hours ago, Paul R said:

Ohmygosh - running at 400hz too?  You are 

DOOMED…

Just one more Mhz and it will have gone plaid...

18 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Great, now I find out the plane has ebay connectors...  

Hey look at it this way.  NASA has been known to scrounge ebay to buy older computer CPU's not in production anymore for the space shuttle.  No I'm not making this up. 

To paraphrase Rick James, "sighted listening is a helluva drug".

42 minutes ago, esldude said:

Hey look at it this way.  NASA has been known to scrounge ebay to buy older computer CPU's not in production anymore for the space shuttle.  No I'm not making this up. 

I have a friend that used to work for them, she is a brilliant and amazing person. So yes, I did know that.

2 hours ago, Daccord said:

My ethernet is so advanced I need to fill out form 27B stroke 6 whenever I plug something in to the switch.

image.png.8bc0a0a4eefab9274ee43688ab61d973.png

Is that anything like an ID-10-T Form?

The important question is whether it has MQA

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

That why D38999 connectors are used, a ball ache to connect to on a PCB but solid reliable connectors.

5 hours ago, esldude said:

All this stuff is designed for 15 years or more service, OK many years ago when component changes were slower and there was a viable market for mil/aerospace components, different story these days, components always changing and getting tin/lead finished devices is a pain, often you have to have your BGA's re balled! and I once paid £6 per piece for 0603s with a tin lead finish, they had to hand dip them...

4 hours ago, robocop said:

Thank God they are not listening to music throught this nightmare cable network!!!!

I can listen to music...

3 hours ago, crenca said:

The FAA releases a NOTAM when the Government is testing GPS spoofing and jamming equipment. I pay close attention to those. The Phenom doesn’t fly too well without its GPS input.