IGNORED

Best Audiophile USB Card ?

22 hours ago, matthias said:

The very best USB card seems to be the Taiko Audio USB, BUT it is only available for Taiko Extreme owners.

From the feedback on WBF this card seems to be a game changer.

Matt

Hi Matthias

I’ve went through this thread & cannot find any comparisons with any other card. Are you aware of they’re any? 

I would expect Taiko to be top class as usual but we do need comparisons before we can label Taiko as best usb card. 

Thanks

Just now, matthias said:

I understand your POV.

Emile from TA mentioned that the JCAT USB XE for example was different to the original USB output of the Extreme but more a side-step than an improvement. 

The Taiko USB card is certainly voiced and optimised for the Extreme so I can not imagine that another USB card will be superior in an Extreme environment. However, as the Taiko card is only available for the Extreme, comparisons in a set-up outside the Extreme are nearly impossible.

Matt

It will be a matter of time when it’s sold to anyone. I appreciate makes sense to have them available to existing extreme users first. However in my opinion it would not make business sense to keep it that way. Reminds me of Steve jobs with the iPod, wanted it for Apple users only...we know what eventually happened there! As a result Apple skyrocketed