IGNORED

Room Acoustics

If this thread takes off there is going to be a bunch of spirited opinions along with many “White Papers” around the discussions.

For Chris .... I have always wondered why there 

has never been a dedicated forum topic in CA /Audiophilestyle.  Maybe you can add.

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

1 hour ago, STC said:

Obviously the writer never heard how the system sounds in RT 0.2s room. 

Maybe the writer knows about and/or heard a RT 0.2s room and feels , as others, two channel audio needs a room with a bit more liveliness.  I personally don’t have that specific listening experience but I have heard overtreated listening rooms that were Dead.

BTW ....  I don’t agree with several points in the writers paper but I don’t think anyone could pen a couple pages titled “The Bases” and cover everything so we won’t argue.  

Regarding the writers comment about a 2.5 meter listening distance for a larger floor standing speaker... It has nothing to do with the fact that speakers are measured at 1 meter.  Speaker manufacturers measure efficiency, and other things, at one meter.  They all do that.  None of those manufacturers would recommend sitting 3 foot (about a meter) from a floor standing speaker as an ideal listening position. 

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

8 minutes ago, HIFI said:

Maybe the writer knows about and/or heard a RT 0.2s room and feels , as others, two channel audio needs a room with a bit more liveliness

Firstly, I am not sure how he could achieve 0.2s and that is one dead room.

2.5 meter is still near field. Unless his room is made of all marble.