IGNORED

Article: dCS Takes My Audio System To Another Level

The dCS Rossini quickly got a reputation for having "digital done right" - so it's all about the DAC working a lot closer to producing a clean signal. The better the rig is at not producing obvious flaws, the less the speakers, setup and room matter - at an acceptable, for me, quality level the room you're in completely ceases to exist; the sound field projected by the system completely dominates your auditory world.

Why is digital normally so lacking in the things that matter, subjectively? Hmmm, ... go and have a talk to the engineers ... :D.

• 4 months later...

I had Vicoustic conduct an analysis of my room and recommend acoustic treatments to reign in the liveliness of the room. 

@The Computer Audiophile Was this a "virtual" analysis done remotely? Or did someone come on-site? 

Roon > dCS Bartok > Parasound JC 2BP > Parasound JC 5 > Wilson Yvette

Technics SL-1200G & Bluesound Node > Luxman L-590axII > OJAS Bookshelf w/ Tweeter Horn Mod

5 minutes ago, Temporal_Dissident said:

@The Computer Audiophile Was this a "virtual" analysis done remotely? Or did someone come on-site? 

The Vicoustic part was all done remotely because it's all science / math. The tweaks and tuning was done first by John Q. from dCS and later by John G. from Wilson when my new speakers arrived. 

Here is a PDF of the Vicoustic analysis. I sent them tons of info about the room and received this back. 

pp.1964.18.int.pdf

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Impressive.

I am getting a little nervous about the new system I am building. Because we are doing this in our living room, as opposed to a dedicated listening room, I have very (very) little flexibility when it comes to speaker placement, listening position, and acoustic treatment.

My wife loves music and is fully supportive of my move from inconspicuous, in-ceiling speakers to large, floor-standing speakers. Here "support" is not unlimited. She is an architect, interior designer, and artist. Pulling speakers >18" away from the wall and gluing foam panels all over the walls is just not in the cards. 

Basically, I am banking on good luck. I will know how it sounds in a few weeks.

Roon > dCS Bartok > Parasound JC 2BP > Parasound JC 5 > Wilson Yvette

Technics SL-1200G & Bluesound Node > Luxman L-590axII > OJAS Bookshelf w/ Tweeter Horn Mod

4 minutes ago, Temporal_Dissident said:

Impressive.

I am getting a little nervous about the new system I am building. Because we are doing this in our living room, as opposed to a dedicated listening room, I have very (very) little flexibility when it comes to speaker placement, listening position, and acoustic treatment.

My wife loves music and is fully supportive of my move from inconspicuous, in-ceiling speakers to large, floor-standing speakers. Here "support" is not unlimited. She is an architect, interior designer, and artist. Pulling speakers >18" away from the wall and gluing foam panels all over the walls is just not in the cards. 

Basically, I am banking on good luck. I will know how it sounds in a few weeks.

You can always use a little DSP to correct things. Your Roon setup enables this pretty easily. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png