IGNORED

Article: dCS Takes My Audio System To Another Level

27 minutes ago, Ski Bum said:

I'm a dCS Vivaldi owner, and have been the beneficiary of John Quick's patient telephonic advice on numerous occasions.  John and dCS provide a much higher level of continuing customer support than any other audiophile manufacturer that I've ever dealt with.

Good to read. That has been my experience as well. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Temporal_Dissident said:

@The Computer Audiophile Was this a "virtual" analysis done remotely? Or did someone come on-site? 

The Vicoustic part was all done remotely because it's all science / math. The tweaks and tuning was done first by John Q. from dCS and later by John G. from Wilson when my new speakers arrived. 

Here is a PDF of the Vicoustic analysis. I sent them tons of info about the room and received this back. 

pp.1964.18.int.pdf

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, Temporal_Dissident said:

Impressive.

I am getting a little nervous about the new system I am building. Because we are doing this in our living room, as opposed to a dedicated listening room, I have very (very) little flexibility when it comes to speaker placement, listening position, and acoustic treatment.

My wife loves music and is fully supportive of my move from inconspicuous, in-ceiling speakers to large, floor-standing speakers. Here "support" is not unlimited. She is an architect, interior designer, and artist. Pulling speakers >18" away from the wall and gluing foam panels all over the walls is just not in the cards. 

Basically, I am banking on good luck. I will know how it sounds in a few weeks.

You can always use a little DSP to correct things. Your Roon setup enables this pretty easily.