IGNORED

Who Would Have Guessed This Was The Problem or Man This Stuff Is Weird Part 2 (apologies to Jud)

You could try one new cable on one channel only.  See if it stays in that channel, and if the severity is less.  My guess is barring some very odd interaction, you'll have one channel acting up as before.  

Also if you are trying these say feeding a power amp from pre-amp, try them between DAC and pre-amp to see if they cause the same issue. 

Sounds to me like a poor connection or not a good ground.  If you have a multi-meter check to see if you get a good zero or very near 0 ohms between the center pins on each end and between the outer shells on each end. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

36 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Tried your first recommendation, and, again, I can't explain it, but both channels act the same when tried individually. My multi meter is temporarily loaned out so I am not able to check anything with it. 

I also wanted to try your recommendation initially, of connecting the cable between the DAC and and preamp. However, because of how they are positioned (the DAC is on a lower shelf, and quite difficult to get to as far as connections) and being beset with a very painful case of bursitis in my hip, I just am not able to currently make that happen, physically. 

JC

So are saying that putting the noisy cable on one channel makes both channels act up with popping noise?

Tube gear has higher impedances floating around which makes it easier to get high frequency garbage in over unshielded cable. So I'd suggest returning the cable 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.