IGNORED

Audirvana Remote - connection problems

I’m a new Audirvana user. I’m impressed with the sound quality.

But I’m having major problems with the remote on iPad Pro. I’ve read MANY ideas in this forum for resolving the problem, but nothing works.

When I first installed it worked, so this is not about the network, or where router is, or UDP 5353 or firewall settings. It just stopped working and now says “Connecting...”

Very frustrating 

Thanks for your help,

Zane

Zane

Hello Zane

maybe I’m repeating already written suggestions 

are you using the same version of Audirvana?

- if you upgraded to the new 3.5.x you have to pair iPad with Audirvana again, you should see the six digit code on the screen of your Mac 

do you have any wifi extender ? 

- try to shutdown WiFi on iPad and then reactivate it. Sometimes extenders give some problems

did you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it again pairing it again?

Stefano

My audio system

Thanks for your reply Stefano

1. I am using A+ for Windows and have the latest version 1.3.7 (1063) and latest version of A+ Remote. I did get the pairing code and Remote worked fine for a short period.

2. Not quite sure what a WiFi extender is, but I have tried switching off WiFi, also tried switching off Bluetooth and Airdrop. Also power off of iPad, Airplane mode, etc.

3. I have reinstalled the Remote app several times. I have reinstalled Audirvana twice, and once I got the pairing code and Remote worked for about fifteen minutes.

Don’t give up trying to help me 😟

Zane

Zane

16 hours ago, zkeller said:

Thanks for your reply Stefano

1. I am using A+ for Windows and have the latest version 1.3.7 (1063) and latest version of A+ Remote. I did get the pairing code and Remote worked fine for a short period.

2. Not quite sure what a WiFi extender is, but I have tried switching off WiFi, also tried switching off Bluetooth and Airdrop. Also power off of iPad, Airplane mode, etc.

3. I have reinstalled the Remote app several times. I have reinstalled Audirvana twice, and once I got the pairing code and Remote worked for about fifteen minutes.

Don’t give up trying to help me 😟

Zane

... I left Windows world ten years ago ... no regret ....

I think the problem in on your pc as the iOS app (Audirvana Remote) is the same we are all using. Maybe a recent Windows upgrade messed your pc wifi configuration, have you tried to delete wifi network configuration from your pc and redo it again? (few days ago a friend of mine had problems with her wifi printer configuration and we had to delete the wifi printer configuration on the pc and redo it again)

If the problem persist you could post the question in the "Audirvana 3.5" topic, using @damien78, Damien (the developer of both applications) will definitely answer

.... A wifi extender is a wifi access point used to extend your wifi coverage

... bluetooth and airdrop are useless, the communication is on wifi

Stefano

My audio system

According to the Audirvana support page, the A+ Remote uses the same Bonjour protocol that Apple uses to discover its AirPlay devices:

https://audirvana.com/support/

It's possible that your network managing device, eg your router, has a problem with the multicast packets that Bonjour uses for device discovery.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I've just found the remote app to be very finicky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Usually closing and reopening the app works, sometimes I need to re-select the computer even though it was already selected and occasionally it is the server needs restarting.  My server is a Mac running the new 3.5, and I've had some small issues with it but it overall works.

I'm sure this doesn't help you but just know that this app is far from perfect.  It does sound like there is maybe some intruder detection going on that shuts down the connection and doesn't allow it to reconnect, so checking your router may turn up something.  

I think I have found a workaround - just testing how consistent it is.

I installed TeamViewer, the free personal version, and if I find that Audirvana Remote is not working, I establish a connection using TeamViewer and then A+ Remote starts working!

Better than trying to do everything through TeamViewer.

Thanks

Zane

Zane

• 2 years later...
On 5/16/2019 at 6:06 AM, zkeller said:

I installed TeamViewer, the free personal version, and if I find that Audirvana Remote is not working, I establish a connection using TeamViewer and then A+ Remote starts working!

Hi Zane, You mean you were not able to make a connection between A+ Remote and your Mac but through TeamViewer the connection suddenly got established? 

• 3 months later...