vortecjr

Sonore Passive Audio Attenuator

Rate this topic

368996843_ScreenShot2019-05-04at7_12_26AM.png.4f6fa27943af31db59588338bc6d68f7.png

* prototype missing silk screen artwork

The Sonore Passive Audio Attenuator is a stepped level volume control with high quality resistors and wiring. The input is stereo unbalanced analog from your DAC and the output is stereo unbalanced analog to your amplifier.   

FEATURES

1. High quality gold RCA connectors

2. High quality internal interconnect wire

3. Precision resistors

4. Swiss made switch

5. Noise free operation

6. Excellent L/R channel signal level matching

7. Includes four rubber isolation feet

PURCHASE

MSRP TBD USD

2 hours ago, palpatine242 said:

Will it have a remote?

No that would add a lot of cost, require a larger enclosure, and require external power. This is meant to be a simple knob type attenuator built with high quality passive components.

Looks like just what I need.  My Dac is far too hot for my amp - so I currently have to turn the Dac volume down to around 75 to allow the amp volume knob to be set at a reasonable level.  Hopefully this piece fixes all that.  But I have a question.....should the best quality interconnect be between the Dac and volume control, or between the volume control and the amp?  Or does it not matter?

Tidal / MacBook PRO --> Netgear Orbi --> AQ Vodka --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS -->Roon --> USPCB --> Schiit Eitr --> AQ Coffee --> Hegel HD25 --> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ GO-4--> Kudos Super 20's

27 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

Looks like just what I need.  My Dac is far too hot for my amp - so I currently have to turn the Dac volume down to around 75 to allow the amp volume knob to be set at a reasonable level.  Hopefully this piece fixes all that.  But I have a question.....should the best quality interconnect be between the Dac and volume control, or between the volume control and the amp?  Or does it not matter?

I would get a matched set in the lengths needed to make the connections. Are you sure you want to have two volume controls in series?

11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I would get a matched set in the lengths needed to make the connections. Are you sure you want to have two volume controls in series?

i'd like to set the volume on my integrated to around 12 o'clock ideally.  Need to reduce the volume from my Dac.

Tidal / MacBook PRO --> Netgear Orbi --> AQ Vodka --> microRendu 1.4 / CI Audio LPS -->Roon --> USPCB --> Schiit Eitr --> AQ Coffee --> Hegel HD25 --> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ GO-4--> Kudos Super 20's

Differences vs the Schiit model?

16 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Components:)

Great - looking forward to learning more about cost and performance