IGNORED

Munich 2019 Official Thread

47 minutes ago, Peter Hyatt said:

I was hoping the two amps was product 1 and the phono was product 2 and the third product was....

ugh.

Yes. I was anticipating a headphone amp using Hugo TT2 technology and a streamer (though not 2Go) for the desktop now that they have refined their Poly firmware & iOS app.

That said, I do like their new amplifiers. They are not the only ones to use "feed-forward feedback" as Hegel, Benchmark seemed to use similar schemes and the Bryston new Cubed amplifiers sound fantastic with their own feedback scheme. I do appreciate how Chord Etude sounds wonderful. I guess for the people who can afford the "cheaper" Ultima amplifiers, good for them?

Looking forward to the comments/impressions.  And don't forget to take lots of cool pics!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Best room for me thus far: Zesto audio with Verity audio speakers.

Most remarkable room by far: Western Electric. Wow! There is something very right in the sound of that old horn speakers! (link)

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

I also liked Wilson/Spectral, the Paradigm Persona’s 7F,  the Vandersteen/Brinkman room and the Nordost room with YG acoustics. 

The best sounding affordable speakers (3500 euro/pair)  I heard yesterday was from an unknown brand to me: WLM (Wiener Lautsprecher Manufaktur); an Austrian brand. I don’t know the name of the model but they were small towers with felt on the front baffle.

Bass was again a problem in most rooms and a lot were to warm sounding to my taste.

A trend this year: 7 out of 10 rooms play mostly vinyl!

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

9 hours ago, austinpop said:

Best rooms for me so far:

None I can afford of course! Any great rooms with speakers under 10k€?

- Voxativ with the Voxativ Hagen system, Atrium 4.2 E222

- a little bit more than 10k€ (12.5k€) Manger P2, Atrium 4.2 F211 and at the Lindemann booth H 4 R08/S07

- Elac, A 4.1 F102, A 4.1 F103, A 4.1 F124

- T&A, A 3.1 D102, A 3.1 D103, A 3.1 D105

- Canton, A 3.1 D109, A 3.1 D110

- Boenicke Audio with the W5, Atrium 4.2 F215

2 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

- Voxativ with the Voxativ Hagen system, Atrium 4.2 E222

- a little bit more than 10k€ (12.5k€) Manger P2, Atrium 4.2 F211 and at the Lindemann booth H 4 R08/S07

- Elac, A 4.1 F102, A 4.1 F103, A 4.1 F124

- T&A, A 3.1 D102, A 3.1 D103, A 3.1 D105

- Canton, A 3.1 D109, A 3.1 D110

- Boenicke Audio with the W5, Atrium 4.2 F215

Did you happen to see the Lindemann Source? 

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Under 10k$ souding good speakers, may I add amphion, this simple setup was very lively and visualy attractive.

Aside of that, I was also impressed by the Verity, PMC with their 20 speakers demo as well as Nagra for reproducing complex recording with ease.

But my size vs sq catch was the Magico with Constellation, very refined sound and small but great looking speakers

19 hours ago, austinpop said:

Best rooms for me so far:

1. MBL. Those RadialStahler's are something else
  2. Von Schweikert Ultra 9
  3. Wilson Benesch
  4. Wilson Sasha DAW - one room with dCS electronics, one something else
  5. Devore Orangutan
  6. Nagra, this time with YG Sonja speakers

None I can afford of course! Any great rooms with speakers under 10k€?

If you are there tomorrow as well try to audition both the RAAL SR1A ribbon headphones and the new Jecklin Float  electrostatics if they are there.

PS I was temped to come although I have only been home for less than a month after 6 months in Asia, when I saw the concerts   you linked to.

Don't miss Berg's Violin Concerto and  Mahler's 5th live, very good material for ear calibration and  absolutely great music.

Cheers Christer