IGNORED

Munich 2019 Official Thread

Salut, guys,
I'll be there as well. I'd love to meet with both of you and other members who are present.
My timetable says: Tuesday or Friday evening or Saturday lunchtime.

For the interested AS forums members, who are curious but can't partcipate, I'd like to propose
a "sneak service" on Saturday, which means that I dedicate that day to suggestions from you.
Here is the brand list of Munich High End:
https://www.highendsociety.de/index.php/en/brandlist-2019-visitor.html
Let me know what brand/product/room interests you particulary by PM, and I'll try to get these covered by image and impressions.
Cheers,  Tom

15 hours ago, austinpop said:

Should we plan an AS happy hour in the biergrarten?

In which BIERGARTEN, you know Munich is full of them?
While Messe München has two of them, the MOC has none.(AFAIK)
Please let me know If you would like to have a Biergarten happy hour in the city centre or rather in the English Garden  (first one is 2,1 km away from MOC). I'll guess you would rather use TAXI (dunno if UBER is already in Munich) than walk the distances, so you could make your choices freely. I'll get there by PEDELEC.

Best, Tom

37 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Between Halls 3 and 4...

Ok, very good, I had checked the generic maps from Messe München briefly, they said weather dependend,  ... and stand corrected happily, as this is the most central solution for the MOC visitors.
Should your agenda allow you to get out in the evening in Munich, I'd be more than happy to serve you as BAVARIAN  German guide in Munich to do places in the Munich City Centre (including Biergarten/Hofbräuhaus).
As I had noted, I have 2 free evenings for action, just the Saturday late afternoon/evening I have promised to my friends (may be exchanged with Friday if it is more suitable for you...).
You could PM me where you will stay, and I'll respond with a proposal ...
Best, Tom 

Mwessier et Mesdames,

the weather forecast for Munich shows a Minnesotian springtime for next week, lots of rain and down to 12 °c. Rather Bierkeller than Biergarten for most of us, I assume. That would, as Miska has pointed out, probably need a reservation.

Please let me know until Monday evening (CT) - here or PM -, who would join a booked Bierkeller event on Thursday or Friday evening.

The Happy hour event at the MOC premises may be organized differently, especially to meet up with Rajiv, as he seems otherwise fully booked.
Thanx & Best, Tom

1 hour ago, #Yoda# said:

Isn't it funny, but it seems as most of us are impressed by the "big is beautiful" effect. This oversized and overpriced speakers with nearly no serious buying interest of any audiophile with suitable income and listening room are playing in audio shows like the HighEnd in a much too small "show room" of max. 30 square meters with usually suboptimal room optimisation. 

Anyway, we tend to recognize them as impressive speakers, mainly because of the powerful and exaggerated impulse response in the low end, IMO. 

I've listened to many speakers, designed to be suitable for average living- or listening room conditions that sound more "natural" and overall better for this usual user environment than this big flagship speakers. 

Maître Yoda,

it is quite hard for the average enthusiast to get close to that kind of overpriced equipment apart from these shows. Most of us have grown up with some media guidance that manifested the opinion that in audio you'll get what you pay for, which concludes into the effect of more expensive should be better. I do not support this opinion, but getting a baseline what such overpriced equipment is capable of, may as well give you some peace of mind with your own "average" 2-10 k system.

And most of the systems sound different, as external factors as environment, set up of room & electronics plus choice of music are kicking in.

OTOH, the manufacturer focusing of sub 2 k equipment seldom have some nice spaces at fairs as their products seldomly leave them the necessary cash flow to create interesting rooms at such events.

After getting the full Monty this year, I doubt that in 2020 I would do such an circuit again.

Funny thing I noticed are the important information provided by sellers of +120k  transducers, that the can easily adjusted to "small" rooms due to adjustable gain or dsp, but seem to forget that a height of 1.8 m or more may have some unsuitable impact as well.

Best, Tom

On 5/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, Blake said:

Looking forward to the comments/impressions.  And don't forget to take lots of cool pics!

Guys, 

Finally I have uploaded the videos with description to We collect.
The quality is not as exceptional as the videos made with Chris' equipment,

but all of them were made with love for the community ;-)

Links to the 3 boards will be available only by PM (I am not sure about the artist rights bcs so much music is played)

The upload to "we collect" contains three different boards
1) Videos made with Honor 8x:
Audiophysics Lyngdorf - HEY NOW  lLyngdorf room.mp4
Chord - Kate Bush.mp4
Kiii - Yello - Electrified .mp4
Lindemann Manger p2 - Wolfgang Hafner  Piano Man.mp4
LYNGDORF.mp4
Mola Mola Vivid Hotel California Live.mp4
Piega - After Midnight.mp4
T+A Hey now London Grammar.mp4
Western Electrif Rodrigo y gabriela.mp4
Wilson Spectral Drum Solo.mp4
Wilson Spectral Fanfare for the common man.mp4

2) Videos made with Iphone 6s:
Audionec - Lampizator - Nodal - Leonard Cohen - You want it darker .MOV
Avantgarde Acoustic - Pink Floyd -  The Wall.MOV
Blumenhofer Acoustics - Aqua Acoustics - KR Audio.MOV
Gryphon - Amandine Beyer - Bach.MOV
Lindemann Musicbook Source   500 - Manger P2.MOV
Moon by Simaudio - Dynaudio - Heart-Shaped Box.MOV
Naim MuSo 2 - The Eagles - Live - Hotel California.MOV
Raidho Acoustics - Dire Straits - Water of Love.MOV
Stein Music - Dominique Fils-Aimé - Birds .MOV
The Gryphon - Electronica.MOV
The Gryphon - Voodoo .MOV
Vandersteen - Brinkmann - HRS .MOV
Voxativ - Ampeggio - Anna von Hausswolff - Red Sun.MOV
Voxativ - Come Together (Beatles-Cover) - - with Rajiv on the left.MOV

3) last board contains videos from the HifiDeLuxe 2019 in Munich (Iphone 6s)
Hifi Deluxe - Acapella Germany - Seguridad Social - Wish you were here.MOV
Hifi Deluxe - ASKJA AUDIO  TOTALDAC-  Eric Clapton unplugged - Layla.MOV
Hifi Deluxe - Audio note UK .MOV
Hifi Deluxe - Audio Note UK.MOV
Hifi Deluxe - JMF Audio France.MOV
Hifi Deluxe - Kroma Bricasti Room - Eva Cassidy - Fields of Gold.MOV
Hifi Deluxe - lumiks - Dire Straits - You and your friend.MOV
Hifi Deluxe - TotalDac -  Magico LLC M6 .MOV

My favourites: Stein, Acapella, Avantgarde, Vandersteen and Voxativ
Good night, Tom (PM response not before tomorrow morning, its 4.55  ...)

Guys, I am very sorry to report that the state of the upload is about 3 % after 8 hours, I'll guess that'll need some more time.

Access is only available on some of the videos, untitled, on a working board.

If you want anything quick, pm for that link.
... a bit devastated about the poor performance of his Internet connection ...
Tom

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When I get a chance I can help with the videos. 

Chance granted, Chris 😉
OT: After about 3 month trouble with my provider since having renewed the contract in February we have decided to terminate the contract in order to get ftth from the French incumbent, that'll start next year.

- I guess everyone interested can connect the listed titles above correctly to the available videos him/herself. STC was ok with the raw material on the we collect  page.
- The privacy per dm/pm was just chosen for possible copyright issues (non public).
- There is an upload on the way with the 5 more vids w/size below 100mb into the threat, the first 4 are attached here.
Ah, and I can see a typo in "Chrord" - AAARGR !!!
Gives me even more grey hairs ...

Thanx in advance, Tom

19 hours ago, Blake said:

Did anyone get a chance to listen to the Boenicke room?  If so, what are your thoughts?

@Blake , if you haven't found yet, it is 0124.mov and 125.mov.
I had visited the room the first day directly, as promised. 

Unfortunately, I was not overwhelmed from the quality of presentation, playing piano music in a lively room with lots of "crosstalking" behind the seats.
I felt that did not serve the product very well. Maybe in Paris it will be different/better?

Best, Tom