IGNORED

Munich 2019 Official Thread

Best room for me thus far: Zesto audio with Verity audio speakers.

Most remarkable room by far: Western Electric. Wow! There is something very right in the sound of that old horn speakers! (link)

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

I also liked Wilson/Spectral, the Paradigm Persona’s 7F,  the Vandersteen/Brinkman room and the Nordost room with YG acoustics. 

The best sounding affordable speakers (3500 euro/pair)  I heard yesterday was from an unknown brand to me: WLM (Wiener Lautsprecher Manufaktur); an Austrian brand. I don’t know the name of the model but they were small towers with felt on the front baffle.

Bass was again a problem in most rooms and a lot were to warm sounding to my taste.

A trend this year: 7 out of 10 rooms play mostly vinyl!

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

On my day two I really liked the Raidho room with their new TD 1.2 driven by a complete Chord stack. And for different reasons the Living Voice room. Here I had one of those wow moments of something getting very close to a live performance with certain genres.

I also liked the small Einstein system (the smallest of the two they had setup).

Heard a lot of potential with TAD, Stenheim/Playback systems, Lindemann/Manger and Vivid Audio/Mola Mola but unfortunately (except for TAD) these systems where setup in those awful smallish booths in the big halls.

3 hours ago, mcgillroy said:

Could you say which Amphions and the rest of the chain. Eyeing a pair of LS7 but still on the fence.

The played with their 7LS and the large Krypton’s. With their own amplification and  some pro-audio gear in the front-end of the system. Very neutral but also a bit clinical to my taste. I owned Amphion in the past.