IGNORED

Munich 2019 Official Thread

7 hours ago, austinpop said:

Who's going? Should we plan an AS happy hour in the biergrarten?

Unfortunately, I can't make it this year, but I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Salut, guys,
I'll be there as well. I'd love to meet with both of you and other members who are present.
My timetable says: Tuesday or Friday evening or Saturday lunchtime.

For the interested AS forums members, who are curious but can't partcipate, I'd like to propose
a "sneak service" on Saturday, which means that I dedicate that day to suggestions from you.
Here is the brand list of Munich High End:
https://www.highendsociety.de/index.php/en/brandlist-2019-visitor.html
Let me know what brand/product/room interests you particulary by PM, and I'll try to get these covered by image and impressions.
Cheers,  Tom

15 hours ago, austinpop said:

Should we plan an AS happy hour in the biergrarten?

In which BIERGARTEN, you know Munich is full of them?
While Messe München has two of them, the MOC has none.(AFAIK)
Please let me know If you would like to have a Biergarten happy hour in the city centre or rather in the English Garden  (first one is 2,1 km away from MOC). I'll guess you would rather use TAXI (dunno if UBER is already in Munich) than walk the distances, so you could make your choices freely. I'll get there by PEDELEC.

Best, Tom

25 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

In which BIERGARTEN, you know Munich is full of them?
While Messe München has two of them, the MOC has none.(AFAIK)
Please let me know If you would like to have a Biergarten happy hour in the city centre or rather in the English Garden  (first one is 2,1 km away from MOC). I'll guess you would rather use TAXI (dunno if UBER is already in Munich) than walk the distances, so you could make your choices freely. I'll get there by PEDELEC.

Best, Tom

https://www.highendsociety.de/index.php/en/plan-of-show-rooms.html

Between Halls 3 and 4...

But I'll defer to locals to organize something.

37 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Between Halls 3 and 4...

Ok, very good, I had checked the generic maps from Messe München briefly, they said weather dependend,  ... and stand corrected happily, as this is the most central solution for the MOC visitors.
Should your agenda allow you to get out in the evening in Munich, I'd be more than happy to serve you as BAVARIAN  German guide in Munich to do places in the Munich City Centre (including Biergarten/Hofbräuhaus).
As I had noted, I have 2 free evenings for action, just the Saturday late afternoon/evening I have promised to my friends (may be exchanged with Friday if it is more suitable for you...).
You could PM me where you will stay, and I'll respond with a proposal ...
Best, Tom 

Just received this about a new item from Aqua in Munich. 

https://www.aquahifi.com/Introducing_LinQ.html

Introducing the new LinQ
Preliminary features

• Proprietary fully-floating hybrid 2-stage Network + FPGA module with proprietary code
• Uncompromising digital interface AQlink PRO (I2S protocol)
• 4 future-proof network protocols (modules). Available now: M1 roon /raat and M2 UPnP /dlna
• High-performance AQ Discrete Regulator (MOSFET, J-FET, BJT)
• 2 separate low noise C-Core power transformers for network circuitry and digital decoding
• MODULAR DESIGN with upgradeable multi board platform
• High-quality parts
• Aluminum anti-resonant cabinet with Nextel
• OLED display with user off-selectable illumination
• RC5 IR remote controller
• Designed and handmade in Italy

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Can someone check out the new Lindemann Source?  Being unveiled for the first time. 

Thanks,

Russ

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I would love it if someone could swing by the Boenicke speakers demo and provide a report.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

30 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

I have listed Boenicke and Lindemann for Saturday morning ...

Cool thank you!!

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

On 4/27/2019 at 5:45 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hey Guys - I can’t wait to get to the Munich show this year and to meet up with members of this community.

Let’s use this thread as a central place for all Munich discussions. 

just kicked myself for the 3rd time,  as this completely escaped my brain. So close, - I'll be in the Loire in Vouvray on the 12th and Paris the night before to see Dead Can Dance at the Rex. Too late, and too many reservations have been made to alter my trip... sadly.

Wish I would've thought ahead enough to go to Munich.

Cheers,