IGNORED

Amazon High Definition Music Streaming Service

It could be interesting indeed if they can secure a catalog with the size, depth and variation that Tidal has. At this point, I'll take any number of quality competitors to ensure that at least cd quality streaming remains as an option from here on. And Amazon certainly has the money and resources.

JC

• 4 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, rn701 said:

16.8 million according to Billboard, about 12%.

Of which approximately 16 million were purchased by Millennials playing them on $200.00 or less record players in a box because they simply think it's cool. This means Jud's original quote was pretty accurate! :)

JC

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Shimei said:

Purchased Amazon unlimited with HD last night. My Onkyo PR-5100RZ does have the app. Listening to an album I was going to buy on CD but for 12.95 a month I saved that expense. 

Out of my whole collection the two best sounding CDs I've run across are both from Jesse Cook, "One World" and "Beyond borders". If you have Amazon Unlimited HD search for it. Jesse Cook has over 10 platinum albums and "was" a Latino guitarist. However, these last two albums are rather unique in that it seems a new genre is unfolding called "global". I'll just post a youtube url so you may understand the global genre which seemingly makes use of melodies and instruments that are culturally known:

I'm a Jesse Cook fan too, and he has put out some great sounding cd's, as you noted. One of my favorite performances by him is his live, Montreal cd.

JC