IGNORED

SOLD For Sale: Sonore Signature Rendu SE (Black Faceplate) w Tier 3 Optical Upgrade with remaining warranty

For Sale: Sonore Signature Rendu SE (Black Faceplate) w Tier 3 Optical Upgrade. Includes (1)Trendnet 1000Base-T to SFP Fiber Media Converter; (2) 1M Multimode Duplex Fiber Optic Cable (62.5/125) – LC to LC [#1 & #2 recommended by Sonore Audio to send optical/fiber to Rendu SE’s optical/fiber receiver] (3) Synergistic Research black fuse (internal); and (4) Curious Cable Regen Link 200mm (USB). Excellent condition. Works perfectly.

MSRP for all totals to $4,671.98. I will accept $3,650.00 (plus shipping and Paypal fees) and will consider best offer. So if you are interested  message me with your email and phone.

Purchased late July 2017, upgraded/received March 2019, with remaining warranty extended to buyer (see below). 

https://www.sonore.us/signature-rendu-se.html Base Price msrp $3,295.00

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/32094-sonore-signature-rendu-se/page/8/ 

Tier 3 Upgrade msrp $995.00

https://curiouscables.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fcurious-regen-link-200mm  msrp $140.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M32YPHJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 msrp $27.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Z9301I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  msrp $13.99

MSRP New:

Signature Rendu SE (120 VAC) $3,495.00

Tier 3 Upgrade                                  995.00

Curious Cable Regen Link               140.00

Trendnet 1000Base-T Conv               27.99

1M Multimode Fiber Optic Cable      13.99

TOTAL MSRP                               $4,671.98

I am selling my outstanding sounding Sonore Signature Rendu SE w Tier 3 Optical Upgrade due to a home theater system changes upgrade/renovation. Upgrade options posted on March 9, 2019 to Sonore Audio’s Forum: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/32094-sonore-signature-rendu-se/page/8/ This Rendu SE has the full Tier 3 upgrade, $995 msrp, which includes the optical/fiber upgrade, “RFI to Heat” applied material to the underside cover which absorbs stray radio frequency interference (RFI) and converts it to heat, and the Turbo Linear Power Supply.

When I ordered the upgrade, Adrian of Sonore Audio advised that my existing power supply as upgraded would likely be better than the new power supply in the to be made and sold Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical model, as power supplies are simply getting so expensive to build. As of this listing, Sonore Audio has not announced new optical/fiber Rendu SE availability or price.

Sonore Audio has agreed to extend my warranty to my buyer: “Steve we hate to see you go. Since you have been a great customer and this is a recent upgrade we will honor the warranty on this unit extending it to your customer. I just need you to send us the customers name after the sale and certify that the unit has not been altered since the upgrade. Please note that we do not usually extend the warranty to third party sales. Also we void the warranty if the unit has been modified in anyway.” 

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/32094-sonore-signature-rendu-se/page/9/

Note that 1999-2003 I moderated the AVS Special Guests Forum at www.avsforum.com; and I have a sterling record on Audiogon. I can be trusted.

https://www.sonore.us/signature-rendu-se.html

Signature Rendu SE - single enclosure ultraRendu and linear power supply

Introducing the Signature Rendu SE, the absolute finest streaming USB source we have made. The Signature Rendu SE is the natural evolution of Sonore’s microRendu (computeraudiophile.com Product of the Year 2016) and Sonore’s acclaimed Signature Power Supply.

The Signature Rendu SE takes an Ethernet audio stream and renders it to a perfect, ultra-low noise USB feed to one’s USB DAC. While the microRendu is a revolutionary product, the Signature Rendu SE takes off from the microRendu concept, improving on it by refinement and attention to every detail. · The Signature Rendu SE takes advantage of single chassis design, allowing close coupling of the power supply and processing board for the ultimate in ultra-low impedance and ultra-low noise power delivery. The Signature Rendu SE processing board uses a larger footprint to allow for more independent low noise voltage regulation stages (all mainboard regulators are now ultra-low noise linear types), and better physical separation of the Ethernet processing and USB output sections, further reducing noise and crosstalk. A new ultra-low phase noise (so-called “femto”) oscillator is used to govern all processing and USB audio output.

SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES

·        Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

·        Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

·        Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output: 
Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD. 
Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with an SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD. 
Mode #3c - Songcast Output - This output accepts streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application is in Beta form.

·        Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

·        Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

·        Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. This application is based on librespot which is an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.

SOFTWARE FEATURES

·        Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz

·        Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512

·        POP free DSD/PCM transitions

·        Not all USB devices or output modes support the maximum sample rate of the unit

·        RoonReady certified

·        Audirvana Plus certified certified

·        Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming service

·        Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter

·        The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed

·        BubbleUPnP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol

·        OhMedia - OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers

·        Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode

·        Native DSD is supported on select DACs

·        The unit is controlled via third-party apps on your mobile device and on your computer

·        Based on Sonicorbiter, closed source and open source (GPLv2)

optical.jpg

back & top.jpg

bottom.jpg

Curious USB Link.jpg

front & top.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Review of the Sonore Signature Rendu SE with System Optique vs the Sonore Signature Rendu SE without the  upgrade:

https://twitteringmachines.com/review-sonore-signature-rendu-se-systemoptique/

Brand new MSRP below:

Price: $3495.00
Tier 1 Upgrade: $3745.00
Tier 2 Upgrade: $4490.00

Note that the Tier 3 upgrade, which was made available to base model owners, is not listed on Sonore Audio's website anymore. So this unit for sale is upgraded with the Tier 3 Upgrade which is even better than the Tier 2 Upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Just a note that my Sonore Signature Rendu SE with the SystemOptique Tier 3 upgrade is still available! I love it, but no longer need it since my  Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP (24 channels) is ROON Ready and the ROON Ready via ethernet performance is close enough that I need to "simplify" my system (what a joke, having 24 channels and calling that a "simplification". Oh well!)

I am very patient on this as the SystemOptique option on new models is only very recent, and very positive reviews are starting to come in. So you can save $$ vs buying a new one!

And Sonore is extending the remainder of the upgrade warranty to the buyer because I've been such a good Sonore customer in past years (very nice of them)!