IGNORED

Help 4 dummie: Step by step setup of WiFi Dongle on USBridge...

Hi there!

I just got my Allo USB Wifi Dongle. It should be "Plug in, and start surfing! Includes easy to setup driver."

Well, as a spoiled windows user, I thought it would be litterally "plug and play".

However, the manual ist called "Quick_Start_Guide_for_Driver_Compilation_and_Installation" and is not at all easy for me...

Can somebody help me step by step...?

I don't have a screen on the USBridge, I just operate it by the allo web interface or by SSH over Putty...

THANKS!

On 4/19/2019 at 3:38 AM, ursdiego said:

Hi there!

I just got my Allo USB Wifi Dongle. It should be "Plug in, and start surfing! Includes easy to setup driver."

Well, as a spoiled windows user, I thought it would be litterally "plug and play".

However, the manual ist called "Quick_Start_Guide_for_Driver_Compilation_and_Installation" and is not at all easy for me...

Can somebody help me step by step...?

I don't have a screen on the USBridge, I just operate it by the allo web interface or by SSH over Putty...

THANKS!

do ssh login

refer below link

https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/blob/master/Dietpi_wifi.pdf

Allo.com Tech. Support

Hi!

Thanks, I had found this in the meantime, too.

It works now, but I experience disconnects. As I do not use Ethernet anymore, I have no choice than to cold power off my USBridge and reboot it each time to get Wifi to work again. It happens randomly, often after less than 10 minutes after boot.

I found this workaround made by a DietPi-Creator: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/wifi-disappears-after-a-day/25850/20

This is a script, and it works works by restarting WiFi after a disconnect. However, music stops for a couple of seconds, and obviously this is not ideal.

So, do you know any stable solution to this issue?

Thanks!