IGNORED

Article: Exclusive: Warwick Acoustics Aperio Electrostatic Headphone System

I don't know if austicpop is feeling the love right now, Chris... 😅

I just heard the HiFiMAN Shangri-la electrostatic headphone system last week and it was crystal, crystal clear. But the entire supporting front end chain was not up to snuff and I don't know if the let down is coming from there or that I prefer a sound with more meat on the bones. In the end, I was satisfied with its clarify and instrument definition, but would never spend the money on them because they didn't 'oil my gears' so to speak. 

So, it's interesting to hear such a rave teaser coming from you here, at half the price of the HiFiMAN system, and with an integrated frontend. I'm looking forward to Austinpop's in depth feedback.

I'd love to hear this rig. At this price I'd also be looking at Stax SR009S, a Headamp BHSE and either a MSB Discreet DAC(w/power supply) or Chord DAVE. I'd still have $$ left over for a cable splurge. Shoot out is the only way we'll know...........you guys report back!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

So, Sonoma Acoustics = Warwick Acoustics? Is this a more expensive/upgraded version of the Model One?  On the surface it looks like an effort to monetize the Model One.  In any case, I would be interested in an explanation (any explanation) as the pricing/value of this unit...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Not that I've read this in so many words anywhere ("balanced drive"), but I suspect that this is a version that has TWO stators, one on each side of the diaphragm, just like most other electrostatic headphones. The model One is asymmetric with a stator only on one side.

The model One requires heavy DSP to sound reasonably neutral, and quickly went into overload/saturation. With double stators on the new model, perhaps the DSP doesn't need to be that extensive, and it may help with the maximum volume too.

• 8 months later...