IGNORED

Mcintosh Light - Are You Kidding Me?

5 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Yup. A tune up on a Ferrari is 20 large, brakes are 25...Mercedes parts are also absurdly priced. 

Actually a Ferrari “tuneup” is about $6K, and it needs doing yearly. If you have a Ferrari with belt-driven camshafts, you need to do it every year or every 17,000 miles, whichever comes first!

George

15 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

1) You're not being forced to buy it.

2) If people will buy it, then why not build it?

3) They're in business to make money aren't they?

Hard to take them seriously at this point. They really have become the brand for rich people with more money than brains. Sorry, but its true. I see this as only hurting the brand's credibility.

How appropriate to sell a product that fully exposes the notion that many people purchase a McIntosh product solely because of the name,  regardless of performance or common sense.

This product speaks to the broader issue that either McIntosh does not possess the ability to manufacture devices at an affordable price or that they grossly overprice them.  I come away thinking there is little value to be had in a McIntosh product.

3 hours ago, Bikutoru said:

You'd love how it make your system sound so much better. Tighter bass, darker backgrounds..

..in particular with the McIntosh light off.

3 hours ago, Nordkapp said:

Could they just sell the damn light for a couple hundred instead? 

How about a couple.? It's not even good enough to read something before sleep!

51 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

It's not designed to allow you to read something before sleep; instead, the blue light is specifically designed to disrupt your sleep.

During the ensuing brain fog you will then be more susceptible to buying their towels...

For $1500 it should do everything, even sing :D