IGNORED

JA says none of y’all showed up to talk about MQA

9 minutes ago, crenca said:

I understand the post-Shannon reality of the afterlife is mentioned on p. 126 as well as p. 267...

I understand that the founder speaks in a soft, assured voice, and will claim to unblur your reality, if you give him a lot of money, by hooking you up to a pair of electrified soup cans. He apparently also claims to be some sort of scientist.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

I once argued with a scientologist. He ended up getting banned from the pub.

Long story short, I "rescued" a good friend from a Scientology "church" many years ago. I mean, I was just barely out of high school then.  Those people were crazy, working 80 hour weeks to get free "auditing" and only getting paid $20-$30. Sometimes less. Crazy! 

So I spent two months down there - being a good little scientologist - until we could arrange to bring him home. It was unpleasant. But my friend went on to be quite successful in life, once he got over the idea of being some super mind reading cleared operating theta thing. Funny, he never could read my mind. Not once. 

Still have not found anyone who could read my mind - despite a lot of people claiming to.  But most of those Scientologists could drink most people under the table, and ended up wining arguments. Never saw one get thrown out of or banned from a bar. Saw a lot of other people get bounced though. 

Does that sort to bring any parallels to this nonsensical MQA thing?  There is a lot of loudmouthed internet shouting going on, and very few people willing to stand up and oppose it in person. You, I understand, are in Europe. That is a good reason not to be there. But the other people who make unrelentingly stupid comments and can't back up their claims?  Don't show up even to say they went and listened, much less touted their vicious opposition? 

Jerks, at best. 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

25 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Paul

With the exception of several members including Chris and Rt66indierock, most are just Keyboard Warriors, so  what do you expect ?

Perhaps somebody should have sponsored a  visit by Mansr, who sure as hell can ask them the hard questions and provide evidence,, however, they would be highly likely to find a way to fob him off with excuses including confidential NDAs .

That I would have paid a few bucks toward. :)

Robert A. Heinlein

You see @Thuaveta, @The Computer Audiophile& @Rt66indierockhave a point that it's best to let these guys talk so that we can see how they really think:

https://www.stereophile.com/comment/583088#comment-583088

" ...the same diversity that has democratized music distribution now makes it difficult for any technology to become an industry standard and MQA may not succeed for that very reason. Which is too bad..."

Right now he is violation of Stereophile's posting rules by not declaring his industry affiliation.  Perhaps we will see who he represents soon...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

4 hours ago, crenca said:

" ...the same diversity that has democratized music distribution now makes it difficult for any technology to become an industry standard and MQA may not succeed for that very reason. Which is too bad..."

One would guess that genius never heard of h.265...

(and if there was any doubt to the validity of the imbecile's claim, or how imbecilistic it actually is, someone graphed technological adoption . Clearly, there's an adoption problem with new technologies because of industries failing to agree on standards).

4 hours ago, crenca said:

Right now he is violation of Stereophile's posting rules by not declaring his industry affiliation.  Perhaps we will see who he represents soon...

May I remind you that as long as he's drinking the MQA kool-aid, it doesn't matter to Bob's friends if he's anonymous.

21 hours ago, crenca said:

Yes, now that we are post technical with MQA and understand that it is almost as pure of an audiophile voodoo lump as can be, what's the point in engaging in a pseudo technical debate or Q&A with them and their supporters?   It's better in a diverse and sometimes subtle (sometimes not) way keep them talking about the wider things such as how they see themselves in the voodoo market, what they really think about consumers, etc.

"Post Technical"     I love it.  Just like Post Truth!   

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

1 hour ago, Miska said:

At least I don't see a point of traveling from Finland to US to argue in event like this, sorry... It wouldn't change my opinion, and unlikely theirs either.

It is the 21st century... video conference works great, and is available at almost no cost.

Robert A. Heinlein

8 hours ago, shtf said:

For these reasons alone, I suspect any "post technical" mindset is not a good thought or strategy.  In fact, I'd suggest one of you technically-inclined types who dug into the bowels of MQA to reverse engineer, etc. should consider coming up with a bulletized executive summary sheet listing all of MQA's failures, shortcomings, etc. so that it becomes far easier to cut'n paste MQA's failures and shortcomings so it becomes overwhelming clear to the casual reader how far short of the technical mark MQA really is.

On this, we could do something with this thread (update, organize, revise, start over):

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

6 hours ago, Paul R said:

It is the 21st century... video conference works great, and is available at almost no cost.

How would video conferencing allow Miska to attend and ask questions at a live trade show event like this?

I don't think he has access to a telepresence robot.

CAKfoO7VAAA7tnS.thumb.jpg.e97814db217a2dace2bb7be36a196d4c.jpg

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull