AudioDoctor

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

Rate this topic

Double-Blind ABX Testing Proves All Power Cords Have an Effect on Audio

Amazing but true… meticulous double-blind testing has recently proven the efficacy of power cords when it comes to audio. It turns out that power cords are key conduits for electrons, which are the fuel that power speakers. This has led to in-depth academic research as to what effect, exactly, power cords have on audio systems.

https://www.avsforum.com/double-blind-abx-testing-proves-power-cords-effect-audio/?fbclid=IwAR135F5N5nOGnzIgZ9gvEvGLI-97gO9ShgMPjstxtVPHjmPn4B0pLNeBm6s

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

Double-Blind ABX Testing Proves All Power Cords Have an Effect on Audio

Amazing but true… meticulous double-blind testing has recently proven the efficacy of power cords when it comes to audio. It turns out that power cords are key conduits for electrons, which are the fuel that power speakers. This has led to in-depth academic research as to what effect, exactly, power cords have on audio systems.

https://www.avsforum.com/double-blind-abx-testing-proves-power-cords-effect-audio/?fbclid=IwAR135F5N5nOGnzIgZ9gvEvGLI-97gO9ShgMPjstxtVPHjmPn4B0pLNeBm6s

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

😀

Recent experiments show that 100% of listeners were able to tell the difference between using an amplifier with a power cord attached, and without.

I didn't quote that line because I didn't want to give it all away.  ha.

Yes...  I know...

This is a satire article...

edit:  Where did my previous post go?

This thread posted twice, could you either combine them or delete one of them, please.

10 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes...  I know...

This is a satire article...

edit:  Where did my previous post go?

Yes and its true, pull power cord the music is lifeless, meaningless with the feeling of its just not there 😀

The Truth Is Out There

3 hours ago, barrows said:

See here, some objective information included:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/do-power-cords-make-difference-compelling-demo-shunyata

The first time I tried an aftermarket power cable (many years ago now...) I was a non-believer, but I was also open minded.  I was entirely blown away that trying a single power cable could have a profound effect on my CDP alone...

One can make fun all one wats, but the fact is, if one does not experiment with after market power cables, one is leaving system performance on the table.  Same with a dedicated AC line as well...

Can you or anyone explain how this works?

Founder of Audiophile Style and Superphonica

Magic...

Actually, the Electrons are bored by time they get to your house and they are just bouncing through the motions from atom to atom without any real direction in life. Then they see you provided nicer digs for them and they get happy and excited, this in turn makes the music really POP out of the speakers from all the buzz and excitement of happy electrons flowing into your stereo!

58 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can you or anyone explain how this works?

As far as I can tell, that's a wide-band (RF) interference meter he's using. A poorly shielded cable can pick up some RF. A quality, properly shielded AC cable is about $10. A good line filter is a few more dollars, and is usually already built-into sensitive equipment. This problem has been solved ages ago. Other than the convenience of combining the filter with the power cord, there's no advantages to this cable that I can see.

-Paul

I don't know about an Entech, but the PL noise test instruments I have used usually measure noise from about 10khz to oh - about 10mhz. And the absolute volume of the noise is almost always pretty low, like below -80db. I kind of think there is some hokum involved there, especially at $350 for what is essentially a simple RC filter circuit.  I could easily be wrong however.

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

barrows - do you have any brands/models of AC power cords to suggest that people try?

- esp. ones with a return priv. or 'rental' from one of the places renting cables

BTW, I'd do a dedicated line long before a swap of AC power cords; a swap of DC power cords (to the DAC) before that, and an upgraded p/s to the DAC before that...

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound