IGNORED

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

barrows - do you have any brands/models of AC power cords to suggest that people try?

- esp. ones with a return priv. or 'rental' from one of the places renting cables

BTW, I'd do a dedicated line long before a swap of AC power cords; a swap of DC power cords (to the DAC) before that, and an upgraded p/s to the DAC before that...

I have not really sampled a lot of AC line cables, only a few, and I DIY (most of) mine.  There are so many out there, and some of course, do make some rather extravagant claims.  The Cable Company is the usual source for getting loaners to try if one does not have a brick and mortar dealer.  I have used the various models from Cardas with good results, and they are more reasonably priced than many, and made in the USA with excellent build quality and no nonsense designs.  I have also used Synergistic a little, they are very unusual, and actually have a circuit which injects some kind of noise into the cable.  I do not understand how the Synergistic stuff works, but it does work.  Perhaps the injected noise is working in a similar fashion to dither, I asked Ted Denney (owner of Synergistic) that question once, and he would neither confirm or deny it, likely just protecting his IP.  I have no doubt that the Synergistic cables often do something good, but they are a little bit too spendy for me.

Agreed on the dedicated line, if one can do it, one should certainly do this first.  Of course one can have all kinds of fun tearing out walls, not to mention deciding what wire to run as they dedicated line!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

On 4/13/2019 at 5:49 PM, pkane2001 said:

It has a built in filter network. A capacitor across the two wires will conduct RF, in effect creating a short for RF-induced frequencies. 

Maybe, or maybe the build of the cable just has a lot of Capacitance without having any added capacitors or resistors.  For example, a star quad cable geometry increases C over a single twisted pair.  The AC line itself has enough R to be a factor at very high noise frequencies.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

2 hours ago, gmgraves said:

I strongly urge everyone who is reading this thread to read what Mark Waldrep (Dr. AIX) has to say about this subject. While reading it, keep in mind the old adage: "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link"

http://tinyurl.com/yycypm3h

He did not say anything, he merely re-posted a letter from a "bona-fide electrical engineer", wow, I am so impressed!

SONORE computer audio