IGNORED

Double Blind Testing Prices All Power Cords Have An Effect On Audio!!!!!

The avforum guys are typical of lazy techs that infest the audio world. (And others?)  I was in a company involved in product development in the late '90s for initial manufacturing under contract with Shunyata, though I had not with any measure of the expertise that Caelin Gabriel brought.  If you wonder what the cables do, test them.  The visual results on scopes are available on their website videos and in some general figures.  They began with two technologies new to the civilian space: environmental noise reduction using ferroelectrics in loose granules (FeSi), and using large-volume conductors (QR/BB) to increase electron and hole availability.  Of course there are many subtleties to those designs that Shunyata have developed in recent years.  The combined effects make your gear lower in noise and (for analog gear) louder.  Yep, louder.  The overall energy increase is tiny, but the perceived volume increases around 2dB.  That comes from lower rise times at extremes of voltage and current.  Go ahead and measure, but bring some really good gear for the purpose.

The avsforum guys also punted on cable geometry, citing Blue Jeans as a reference.  Lazy!     

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.