IGNORED

How to power off/on the ALLOUSBRIDGE???

itomonje

Question

i am testing two allousbridge at the time and encountered that to power on the usbridge i have to unplug the power supply and recconnect again ,so the usbridge stars over again,i use web based dietpi.local to power it off any help plse??

i cant see also the power led and rst illuminated at any time. i have alluminium cases for the allos

1 answer to this question

Not entirely understanding your question but let me explain a few things that you may already know but may help us both better understand exactly what you're trying to do. 

The Allo USBridge runs on the Sparky which is allows Single Board Computer (SBC). This SBC has a ARM Cortex A9 as it's CPU. The A9 CPU is able to tell a power controller on the board to shut everything down. When you use the web based dietpi.local to power off the USBridge this is what Linux, the operating system, is doing. It's literally telling the all the hardware to power itself off. 

Once the Sparky is in this Shutdown state the only way to turn it back on is with an external wake-up event and/or a reset of the A9 which occurs when power is re-applied to the board. 

I don't know if the Sparky supports a wake-up event.. this can be USB keyboard input, wake-on-LAN, etc. It probably does not. 

That leaves the only way to get power back to the Sparky board is to feed it new power which is done exactly the way you describe by disconnecting and reconnecting power. 

So, based upon the fact you're telling the USBridge to power down (shutdown in the web interface) the device is performing as expected. 

Is there a reason you are powering them down? There generally isn't a good reason to do so. You could unplug from network or DAC etc. if you needed to isolate it. The A9 does support various standby modes which, if not available via the web interface, you'd need to put the system into a standby state via CLI (SSH). Getting out of standby state would then require something like a keyboard or mouse on the USB bus to bring it out of standby. Standby should work without any direct support from the Sparky board online a wake-up event. You could also plug the USBridge into a smart Wifi plug/power strip and use that  to cycle power to the USBridge.