IGNORED

Article: Editorial: What's Wrong With You?

[...] As if audiophiles can only be gear enthusiasts or the so-called better audiophiles, the music enthusiasts. Like politics and the endless objective / subjective debates, there's a continuum on which audiophiles land. On one end is the gear junky and on the other end is the music junky. Based on no objective data, I'm willing to bet most audiophiles fall more toward the center than the extreme poles. [...]

Chris, you've probably way underestimated the showoff freaks. Cleverest of them can take advantage of both gear and music at the same time. Look at this guy:

https://youtu.be/pd1JYxBZS3s

Worst, he's into heavy photo gear and blasts around in Ferraris ← yes 's', mid *and* front engine. whatsbestforum.com is packed with freaks like that. As a service to the people, could you open a subforum here so we can rat these guys out? Then we can bring full force of the AS brigade to bear and shame them off the 'net :x

22 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I am still trying to get past the Ferrari thing.

There is currently a red Scion FR-S with prancing horse decal in the used lot of a local Toyota dealer:

57914627.jpeg

The asking price is less than the carbon fiber drink holder option on the Ferrari F12 if I'm not mistaken. One heck of a motorized drink holder, with feisty Chihuahua attitude. Awesome 👍

12 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

If I were to buy a newer sports car, I'd get a Boxster/Cay-thing or a Miata with a jaguar V-6 sound system (lighter & more hp than stock).

I don't have any strong urge to get a new car any time soon. But the RX-9 is on my watch list of upcoming cars. Heck, it's the only thing on my watch list now. Speaking of sound system, Bimmers are highly frowned upon in my circle but I can make an exception for The Pig:

949adcd2eab2ffa582fd6726612020e8.jpg

Since exhaust comes mostly through the audio system, there is finally reason for having car stereo...

But, I would not try to evaluate them thru youtube...

Actually Visual and G-Forces are the only primary car control cues in the Perfect Control book. Everything else like tire noise and steering forces are way down on the cues hierarchy. Steering wheel force feedback on or off makes very little difference to the best sim racers, for example. And of Visual and G-Force, they contain the same information but only the former can standalone: excellent sim racers can turn almost perfect laps with visuals alone. So in theory YouTube would be able to provide you with all the info you need, if you know where to look.