IGNORED

LPSU choices, new contender.....

30 minutes ago, marce said:

Nothing is perfect in this world apart from an Audiophiles hearing...😀

Why did you feel the need to spoil an otherwise excellent reply with such a smart arse  shot at the vast majority of Audiophile Style  members ? >:(

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

5 minutes ago, marce said:

Just testing the general sense of humour on this site, 

Still nil😁

Does this apply to you ?  ¬¬

funny-replies-when-people-call-you-sarcastic.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

4 hours ago, marce said:

Digital requires a stable supply, the more stable the better, battery voltage drops with time and may fluctuate with current draw, and EVERY design I have worked on that used batteries had regulators or an SMPS after the battery, from recommendations and instructions from people who understand this far better than me...

Thank you for your clarification 😃

Although I don't quite agree with these "old truths". They allow certain grade of modification, imo.

A hint for you can be; don't trust people who claim they know and understand better than you do 😉

Another link at the subject:

http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4652

26 minutes ago, Tomslin said:

Thank you for your clarification 😃

Although I don't quite agree with these "old truths". They allow certain grade of modification, imo.

A hint for you can be; don't trust people who claim they know and understand better than you do 😉

Another link at the subject:

http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4652

I work on very high level of designs every day and have done for 35 years, I am talking stuff that goes in space, steerable phase array microwave antennas, mill stuff such as communications, missile launchers, medical stuff, working on some cool stuff now, 4 x 24 bit DACS, 8X16 bit DACS some fed by ADA4530 so I have metal cans over the analogue circuitry dual floating supplies on the rear of the board and guard tracks all round the analogue signals... So the information I have comes from instrumentation level design and layout, we know it works because it has to...

18 minutes ago, Jud said:

Since he designs circuit boards for mission critical digital equipment for a living, perhaps he has developed some sense of who to trust with regard to particular aspects of battery power supply design.

Cheers Jud. Not just battery supplies, I started a list of all power supplies I have worked on, lots over the years, from 35kV supplies down to low current on board LDO's, SMPS's, LPS's, supplies with batteries and integral chargers... supplies with big batteries, little batteries, invertors, lots of interesting stuff, always remember the first mainframe supplies, emitter coupled 2n3055 by their hundreds in a 1U tray to get the current, the good old days. LOL

1 hour ago, marce said:

Cheers Jud. Not just battery supplies, I started a list of all power supplies I have worked on, lots over the years, from 35kV supplies down to low current on board LDO's, SMPS's, LPS's, supplies with batteries and integral chargers... supplies with big batteries, little batteries, invertors, lots of interesting stuff, always remember the first mainframe supplies, emitter coupled 2n3055 by their hundreds in a 1U tray to get the current, the good old days. LOL

Oh I know. But the other fellow was talking specifically about battery supplies, so I thought I ought to talk about that as well.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 hours ago, marce said:

They have a resistance so there is thermal noise, electrochemical noise etc. Nothing is perfect in this world apart from an Audiophiles hearing...😀

Of course when your laying out a design using ADA4530, a few 16 bit DACs and a couple of 24 bit DACs you have to be concerned with very low levels of noise, small fluctuations in the power supplies at device pins.

I would always use a regulator and filter circuit after ANY raw power input...

I have to say I really don't see thermal noise as a problem for audiophile use.

7 hours ago, marce said:

I am beginning to think that to many audiophiles are becoming grumpy old men...

Perhaps it's due to the way that some qualified members keep treating them as idiots whose observations aren't worth the screen space they take up ?  :P

Sarcasm appears to be a stock in trade of several qualified members who post mainly in the General area of the forum.

4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I have to say I really don't see thermal noise as a problem for audiophile use.

Even the types of resistors used in a Preamplifier's Attenuator matters, and the values of the resistors used in the input stage of a Preamplifier/Amplifier matters too. 

https://www.analogictips.com/tips-electrical-noise-reduction-faq/