IGNORED

LPSU choices, new contender.....

18 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi Paul,

Two questions. One easy, one a bit more challenging.

I'm considering my DC power supplies currently and am potentially in the market for 2 x 12 to 19v PSUs capable of 1.5 to 3amps each. (These would be to power two Intel NUCs).

Forgive me being candid but your website didn't help me figure out which of your units was best. Would you recommend I consider two of the DC units or one of the Big Supply units (I assume these are dual rail?).

Second, more challenging, question. The Op compared your PSUs favourably to the Paul Hynes SR4. This is high praise indeed (and probably explains some of the testing responses he received) given the reputation Mr Hynes products have here.

Without asking you to give away your secret sauce, why should I consider taking a punt on your work? No offence intended and genuine question.

Cheers,

Alan

3 minutes ago, Neverfinished0 said:

Sorry - getting used to this site - I have responded below (or maybe above to your question concerning a dual rail 19V LPSU

Reply seems to be missing. 

Just fyi that you can edit your most recent post for a short while after posting.

Can you please post again.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

1 minute ago, Dutch said:

Last post, previous page. :)

Got it - thanks!

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

18 minutes ago, Neverfinished0 said:

Each and every unit I produce Alan is custom built as if I am going to use it. If it's wrong - it goes in the bin.
2 x 19V PSU's @ 1.5 Amps each (double it 3 Amps each) will need a slightly bigger case - One Toroidal - 2 x Rectifier/Regulation units. Custom output cables are also possible. See we aim to please

Thanks Paul,

And would you recommend two separate units or one dual rail unit for best possible performance?

Cheers,

Alan

21 minutes ago, 4est said:

Oh come on. If you aren't experienced enough to know how to remove a through hole part, you probably haven't had to fix much gear. SMD work requires much more precision and prep. As to the parts, here we are talking about resistors, filter caps and some ICs. I likely could get any through hole part here in town today at the local counter.

By the way - in the States, what *is* "the local counter" for a hobbyist now that Radio Shack is gone?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 minutes ago, Jud said:

By the way - in the States, what *is* "the local counter" for a hobbyist now that Radio Shack is gone?

Was Radio Shack ever a REAL contender for anything other than mundane parts ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, Jud said:

I'm not talking about Radio Shack. Most every mid sized town has some sort of electronic parts place. Not for audiophiles, but for all sorts of tech repair.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Was Radio Shack ever a REAL contender for anything other than mundane parts ?

Don't be dissin' the Shack man!  x-D

In my youth I bought parts for my color organs and then later TRS computers.  Plus spare parts in a pinch.  They were no Allied Radio, but hey, they were open on Friday evening and the weekends.