IGNORED

LPSU choices, new contender.....

14 hours ago, sandyk said:

I am already thinking outside the box, as all the implementations that I have seen have a voltage regulator AFTER the Ultra Caps. 

AFAIK, not this one:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/327105-develop-ultra-capacitor-power-supply-lifepo4-battery-power-supply.html

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 21. April 2019 at 2:45 PM, sandyk said:

It seems to me that we are losing the main advantages of a very low output impedance, huge current supply capabilities, and a neutral presentation from the Ultra Caps by using voltage regulators with various types and values of filter capacitors AFTER the Ultra Caps.

Agree,

"iancanada" in the mentioned diyaudio thread thinks the same:

"Both ultra capacitor power supply and LiFePO4 power supply are passive power source. They are totally different to all kinds of regulators which are based on feedback. The most important thing is the perfect load response, much better than any regulator."

The new Farad PS from Pink Faun seems to use regulators AFTER the Ultra Caps:

"All supplies have an IEC power input and gold plated GX16-4 output for flexible power cable choice, high induction double shielded power transformer, schottky rectifiers, a choke power supply buffering, and a first stabilization charging the super capacitor bank to create a dynamic battery alike source. From this source the output voltage is stabilized by a fast transient, low noise regulator and post filtered with ultra low ESR polymer and reversed shape high voltage ceramic capacitors."

The Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 use regulators AFTER the Ultra Caps as well.

So, do exist manufacturers of Ultra Cap PSs without regulators AFTER the caps?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)