IGNORED

LPSU choices, new contender.....

12 hours ago, Superdad said:

Well ideally something better than $0.50 potted bridge rectifiers and ancient LM317 regs coupled with pass transistors and high wattage resistors.  [That's the design of the PSU that this threads was started with. Many of the Chinese units will be much quieter, those those suffer from not being able to produce their rated output currents.]

Hi Superdad,

I wish Uptone could develope a PSU for Intel NUC endpoints like the JS-2 at 19V?

I know many People here are using LPS 1.2 and JS-2 with NUC’s.

I guess Uptone Audio is buzy with Etherregen..

Cheers Monge

4 hours ago, marce said:

The first one has no details regarding its operation, though a read through the blurb gives us a hint:

"resulting in a very stable and clean, battery like, power input for the final low" 

and in the Q&A, it mentions the supercaps are being used as a filter bank, with a following regulator, a LPS with step down transformer front end. perhaps.

The second, well they use audiophile and audio grade often enough so it should be good... the bespoke fixed cable with a great lump on the end tickles my EMC senses a bit, as does the general purpose plastic case, interchangeable cable ends and other hints to a mass produced generic PSU.

Without any figures or measurements who can tell though.

Hi Marce,

Thank you very much for your reply 😀

Cheers Monge