IGNORED

After MC25 upgrade Jriver Media Center not found

juliush

Dear Friends,

First of all sorry if this issue has been addressed already in this forum, I could not locate such discussion though.

On my Win10 Pro audio PC with AO 2.2 I have just installed Jriver MC25 keeping MC24 for a while and I used it happily in Shell Replacement mode. Having satisfied with MC25 I decided to uninstall MC24. After the successful uninstall I can not set anymore Jriver as replacement shell, but getting "Jriver Media Center not found..." error message.

I'd welcome any advise on how to make AO Service Tool find MC25 installed in the proper default directory.

Thanks in advance.

Julius

Hello Julius

JRiver 25 was released quite some time after AO 2.20. When AO 2.20 was released JRiver 23 was the current version. AO 2.20 contains JRiver shell replacements for version 17 up until 24.

The soon coming AO 3.00 will contain JRiver shell replacements for version 17 up to version 28.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi AudioPhil, Thanks for your fast response.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to "cheat" it meanwhile, like create a "Media Center 24" directory or similar action.

Isn't the mechanism public about how the AO checks the availability of a specific software? For instance checking the availability of specific directories, files or registry entries.

Thanks.

Gyula

Hi

ServiceTool always checks for the existence of a certain file before setting it as shell replacement to avoid black screens or similar after login. There is no secret to this mechanism 🙂

in theory you could rename the jriver directory and exe file. This would of course work from ServiceTools persepctive and also to accomplish the shell replacement. 

But i‘d highly recommend NOT to do it that way! Its unknown if JRiver itself will still work as expected after such manipulation! 

For experienced users it is easy to just do the shell replacement by hand in the registry and point it to jriver 25 exe instead of explorer.exe (also no secrets to this as well :) )

For all others i‘d recommend to wait for the final AO 3.00 release (just few more weeks...) or join the beta programm and use AO 3.00 Beta meanwhile.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide