STC

3D sound with my own XTC

Rate this topic

The crosstalk cancellation development has been finalized and by comparisons to others such as AmbiophonicsDSP, MiniAmbio or Soundpimp this handles phase manipulated recordings like this and Amused to Death very well. Playing Money from Dark Side of The Moon. The playback was recorded using Sennheiser AMBEO headset Use headphones to hear the wide soundstage of Ambiophonics Interaural crosstalk cancellation system. More info at https://goo.gl/CF1C6B 

Without having another similar set of speakers placed at 60 degrees, it is extremely hard to work on the crosstalk to get the timbre correct. 

another try with Norah Jones

It took me 10 months to correctly measure the sound for tonal accuracy. Whatever difference you hear is down to the microphones, speakers coloration and room acoustics. Recorded with Sennheiser AMBEO. 

My system playing Norah Jones

Redid the whole crosstalk again and discovered a minor error. The tonal balance improved further.  Ver16 R43 ( for my reference). 

Playing Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat. 

I am now concentrating with the impulse response. Trying a new approach where I can increase the level much higher without hearing the echoes. Just smooth reverberation even at high level. 

( V17 R4)