IGNORED

Inexpensive Alternatives to the Uptone LPS?

On 4/20/2019 at 4:56 AM, AnotherSpin said:

I ordered $17 device from UpTone and powered Regen with it instead of MeanWell PSU (mac mini > Supra USB > regen > Ghent USB > Schiit Gungnir). The difference is very noticeable. Honestly, I didn't expect anything of such scale. I only used MeanWell before, never tried LPSU to power regen. But, I've been using Paul Hynes LPSU to power mac mini. I believe the change in sound with UpTone PSU instead of Mean Well would be compared with the change which happened when generic mac mini PSU was substituted with one from Hynes. In other word, I would suggest to try UpTone device. Just give it a day or more before it "opens".

As far as I know, the Uptone switching power supply is a custom ordered MeanWell power supply with the output negative connected to the mains ground, aka "shunt". This can be done DIY as well with a simple cable. The result was measurably better too.

More here:

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red