IGNORED

Inexpensive Alternatives to the Uptone LPS?

18 minutes ago, CrushingIt said:

I'm not going to get into a discussion on sound quality, but almost all forms of electricity are bad for the environment. Solar would be nice, but then you are dependent on batteries for storage. 

Umm, I think you are not following me, perhaps I need to be more specific.  As to batteries impact not he environment, I was speaking more to the point that batteries require frequent replacement, as their ability to hold a charge degrades over charge/discharge cycles.  So one then needs to dispose of them.  

For electric cars, which can have such a positive impact not he environment (I think the evidence shooed eb pretty clear to most anyone living in a lockdown such as lately, where airborne pollution levels have radically decreased in such a plain way as t be obviously visible) I ma willing to accept that we need batteries.

But for powering home audio gear there is no such need.  As a good linear supply outperforms batteries anyway, and is more convenient to use.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio