IGNORED

Inexpensive Alternatives to the Uptone LPS?

Cuinas Audio has been offering battery supplies for quite awhile. Now you have the option of LifePO4 batteries or supercaps just like the Uptone. They look a little more handmade because of the off the shelf casework. 

I used his usb to spdif (battery powered) for years and have noting but good things to say. 

17 hours ago, barrows said:

Batteries basically suck.  I have experimented with many battery based solutions, both post regulated/filtered and not, and all the battery based systems I have tried have not ever equalled a really good linear power supply (or even a really good SMPS with post filtering/regulation).

Batteries are also a PIA, bad for the environment int he long term, and they change their performance (noise, output impedance and voltage) with the level of charge present.  While it is possible to make batteries work well, to do so requires so much extra circuitry, that one might as well have just made a really good linear power supply instead.

I'm not going to get into a discussion on sound quality, but almost all forms of electricity are bad for the environment. Solar would be nice, but then you are dependent on batteries for storage.