IGNORED

what is myVolumio?

Hi to all, 

The new site is up!! Still a few glitches here and there, but all will be ironed out soon.
Please check it out and share your thoughts.
While you're there, you might consider trying myVolumio for 30 days free of charge. 

Tidal and Quboz integrated, automatic upgrades, up to 6 devices can be controlled and more coming... 

Regards

20 minutes ago, AndreVOLUMIO said:

Hi to all, 

The new site is up!! Still a few glitches here and there, but all will be ironed out soon.
Please check it out and share your thoughts.
While you're there, you might consider trying myVolumio for 30 days free of charge. 

Tidal and Quboz integrated, automatic upgrades, up to 6 devices can be controlled and more coming... 

Regards

What about the prices per month?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 hour ago, AndreVOLUMIO said:

@matthias

thanks for asking

we have 3 options

1> Volumio >> always will be free

2> myVolumio Virtuoso >> for 2 devices for 2.99 euro / month

3> myVolumio SuperStar >> for 6 devices for 6.99 euro / month

full info here

https://volumio.org/my-volumio-overview/

cheers!

OK, thanks

for Qobuz/Tidal integration you need option 2, you pay Euro 72 for two years.

So for more than two years something like Audirvana may be less expensive.

Matt

@Matthias

Volumio is a software company at heart and we are very much aware that we need to give value to our followers in order to retain them and keep them happy.

That being said, in 2 years, Volumio will be so much more than what it is now; this is only the beginning.  

1 hour ago, AndreVOLUMIO said:

@Matthias

Volumio is a software company at heart and we are very much aware that we need to give value to our followers in order to retain them and keep them happy.

That being said, in 2 years, Volumio will be so much more than what it is now; this is only the beginning.  

It is just my liking that I want to pay once like Audirvana and not on a monthly basis.

Matt

19 hours ago, AndreVOLUMIO said:

@matthias

With the lifetime license. 

Lifetime licenses are a discrimination against older audiophiles.

I prefer a license which does not expire, one reason for disliking Roon.

Matt

1 hour ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

I tried volumio, but wound up cancelling my paid plan, just wasn't for me.  Only thing I gained useful from going to paid plan was Tidal/Qobuz.  It was OK, but i was paying money per month for what LMS/squeezelite/Daphile can do for free.

Yes, paying per month for using software does not make sense at all, differently to using streaming services.

Matt

9 hours ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

I tried volumio, but wound up cancelling my paid plan, just wasn't for me.  Only thing I gained useful from going to paid plan was Tidal/Qobuz.  It was OK, but i was paying money per month for what LMS/squeezelite/Daphile can do for free.

+1

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:28 AM, matthias said:

Yes, paying per month for using software does not make sense at all, differently to using streaming services.

Matt

Do you mean "using self hosted software"?

Even if the software is self hosted, remember a lot of software still needs access to online sources of data on an ongoing basis. For example, Roon continues to contact its metadata servers. Who pays for that? If you pay once you have to recognise you are making a bet that your usage will outlive the average.

bliss - fully automated music organizer. Read the music library management blog.

22 minutes ago, Dan Gravell said:

Do you mean "using self hosted software"?

Even if the software is self hosted, remember a lot of software still needs access to online sources of data on an ongoing basis. For example, Roon continues to contact its metadata servers. Who pays for that? If you pay once you have to recognise you are making a bet that your usage will outlive the average.

You may be right, but I am not interested in Roon.

I do not have much stored music and prefer streaming from Qobuz etc, so I am perfectly happy with something like Audirvana. 

Matt

On 4/5/2019 at 6:45 AM, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

The older versions of Volumio, which were free, were able to provide Qobuz & TIDAL with its built-in upmpdcli UPnP & OpenHome renderer - so Qobuz & TIDAL access via an OpenHome controller such as the Linn Kazoo app.

Has this now changed?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Things like this probably still work, i did not explore that route.  At the time, i was only looking for a single box solution.  I've done embedded linux development professionally, so once I saw what Volumio did, i branched out on my own.   I did REALLY like the way you could download the source code, write your own, and deploy direct to target device.  That was a very handy thing to have already setup for you.

• 3 months later...