IGNORED

Computeraudiophile name change

2 hours ago, esldude said:

I hate the name too.  Thought I might get used to it.  So far I haven't.  So whatever the reasons I'd vote to change it back.  

Words are weird.  I happen to have a mag wheel.  Why are custom car wheels called mag wheels?  Because all the early ones were made with magnesium.  So rather than say magnesium wheels it got shortened to mag wheels.  People forgot or never knew why.  So then you have aluminum alloy mag wheels.  :)

My mag wheel is actually magnesium however.  

I just hate the style thing.  Stylish.  I'd have preferred modern audiophile, or modern sounds or digital audiophiles or most things other than xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-style.  Widgets for digits.  Music things.  Networked sound.  Bits of sound.  Sound bits.  Maybe I'd balk at Kibbles and bits with style. Streams of sound.  Sounds of the aethernet.  Musical appliances for audiophiles.  Master Quality Audio-style.  

So agree, and the name change puts my ball cap out of date too! :)

But it is true that the system covers far more ground than just computer audiophila. 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

15 minutes ago, Paul R said:

So “computer” in the name gets sneered at in some circles. 

That was more true when CA started than now. So why change now?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

11 hours ago, SJK said:

We should have had a contest. 

That would have given us the opportunity to pick truly terrible names like DigiphobeDungeon and MuzicalBits.  

Then, when AudiophileStyle came along it would have been a huge relief.  I thank Chris for not having put us through all that.

I would have voted for www.manicallyqualitativeaudiophiles.com (and yes, it is available!).

Personally, I like the name Audiophile Style. Now that music downloads and other audio files can be played on many devices other than computers I think the name change is relevant.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

30 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Personally, I like the name Audiophile Style. Now that music downloads and other audio files can be played on many devices other than computers I think the name change is relevant.

Yes, talk about anything audio, except power, interconnecting, coaxial, speaker and USB cables, vibration reduction, cable elevators or wrongly perceived excessive prices on equipment.  

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Audio discussions should be banned, like politics, sex and religions. 

Music should be under control, because some messages are taboos that shouldn't be discussed. Music videos with foul languages, bikinis, violent video games with guns and knives and bad make-ups should also be banned. Everything not family friendly oriented should be disposed in garbage trucks. 

Audio forums need censure. There are just too many freelancers with ideas that don't conform with the norm. I would hire inspector Clouseau, the pink panther to censure, investigate, moderate, control, impose the laws of the audio lands. 

I like "Audiophile Style"; it doesn't violate any law and it hurts no animals, no children, no families. It is conform to good form. 

39 minutes ago, sfseay said:

The word Audiophile has taken on a negative connotation in my opinion.  Too many people spout the Audiophile label that post BS and nonsense on forums and in audio reviews.

Audiophile-style is a poor choice for a website name as it doesn’t connect with most people born after 1980.  

What would be the perfect name/title in your opinion for this special community here and abroad...everywhere where music lovers are walking this Earth and beyond (in space, by planes, private jets, by trains, by automobiles, by transit buses, metros, suspended tramways, bicycles, boats, jogging, walking, canoeing, skiing, ...@ home in front of the télé, computer screen, dedicated hi-fi stereo room, surround sound system setup, SSSS, ...)?