IGNORED

Help...DigiOne HAT on Raspberry PI is lost.

Sorry for the newbie question...

I have just installed a DigiOne HAT on an existing Raspberry PI running DietPi. It appears to boot but is not visible on my network so I'm unable to select the proper sound card through the DietPi GUI. 

When I connect it to a keyboard and monitor it ends the boot sequence hanging on the line:

/DietPi/dietpi/login: line 83: starts: command not found

root@DietPi:~# _

I've tried the default login/ password but have had no luck going further. Just receive "command not found".

I'm sure there's something I'm missing here. Should I re-install a new boot image? Any help would be appreciated.

There is a new version of dietpi out so on reboot it tries to check for new version perhaps even download it.

The old three finger salute works well. What is that you ask?

Touch CTRL-ALT-DEL it should restart. (only works with keyboard connected not SSH) Monitor progress when loading (look for red or orange)

Last night I had to do it three times before it loaded properly. I always wait a week or two before installing updates...

If that doesn't work sometimes the sound card crashes. power down wait for lights to go dim wait another 2-3 minutes and repower following the Allo recommendation. I own a Digione SIgnature and Katana so not sure of the Digione

check Allo's info here

https://www.allo.com/sparky/digione.html#downloads

click over on support and downloads near bottom...

Good Luck

I got it to restart and was able to use dietpi config. to select digiOne as the sound card. Unfortunately, I still can’t find it anywhere on my network, despite its having an IP address and indicating that it’s connected. It doesn’t show up in Roon or when I attempt to address it via my browser, either using the IP or “dietpi.local”.

Is it possible that the network settings are wrong? As far as I can tell WiFi is off and Ethernet is on and connected. 

After you select sound card you will need to reboot again. 

Give it a few minutes to load. After that go in Roon remote or a bridge select settings then select audio and look for digione there,  push enable button accept default name roon should now capabilites of your device. Then you need to select decice in remote play some music. Going from memory on my phone I will confirm tomorrow night. Up later on weekends

Thanks for the response. Here's what I've done so far:

With Keyboard and monitor attached... 

Loaded fresh dietPi image.

Installed Roon Bridge.

Installed GMRender.

Turned on Allo DigiOne sound card.

Checked network settings.

Numerous reboots.

I've looked at the network file, the device shows that there is an IP address and that ethernet is "on."

Nevertheless, It can't be found in Roon settings.

I can ping the device's IP address successfully from all computers on the network BUT when I try to access it either via its IP address or as diepi.local using a web browser I receive the message that Safari can't connect to the server. (Another odd thing is that I have a USBridge on the network as well, and I can't web connect with it either, though that device can be found by Roon and works fine.)

Beginning to get very frustrated but I'm sure there's something really obvious that I"m not seeing. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Well if you installed a regular dietpi image there is no web interface per say.  Only Dietpi by Allo has this.

Unless of course you install apps that provide it at a given port or page in device.

sorry you are on consol okay so login type dietpi-config go to network options: adapters hit enter make sure prefer ipv4 is on and and ipv6 is on reboot.

I am assuming you have a Mac or Windows 10 computer in house?

Well if you installed a regular dietpi image there is no web interface per say.  Only Dietpi by Allo has this.

Unless of course you install apps that provide it at a given port or page in device.

sorry you are on consol okay so login type dietpi-config go to network options: adapters hit enter make sure prefer ipv4 is on and ipv6 is on reboot. never mind restarting networking back out using esc key until it prompts you to reboot.

wait 10mins logged into roon bridge or remote and there should be an option for networked hit the refresh or circle with arrow every minute or so.

I am assuming you have a Mac or Windows 10 computer in house? You have a router between you and internet modem?

No, I connected a monitor and keyboard to it, then accessed it via dietpi-config and dietpi-launcher. It all worked fine until adding the DigiOne hat to the pi. Then the whole device got lost.

I haven’t removed the Digi-one yet to see if I can still find and stream to the pi alone.

While I have a Mac not as familiar with them, but if after 10 minutes it doesn't work try to turn off firewall (not a long term solution just to test).

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201642

We may have to allow Roon through firewall if that works. Power management might need to be looked at if music stops playing after sometime listening. no need to reply just some further suggestions be around for couple of hours.

FYI

My Roon Server is on an older Mac running OS v. 10.11.6

Diet pi version 6.22.3

IPv4 and ipv6 are both on.

network mode is DHCP

will check computer firewall but I don’t think it’s blocking Roon since it’s able to find the USBridge. 

Will get back to you and let you know how it goes. 

BTW... does anyone from Allo tech support ever check in here?

try typing aplay -1 hit enter

Per their instructions that should provide a pretty detailed output of device pictured below.

image.thumb.png.8b926cac9f7966ae048eced350839fe7.png

They show this with the allo-Dietpi version so if it doesn't work on dietpi stretch, download allo version reinstall select sound card reboot and try that command. If device connected properly you should see above. The Allo version is also located at link above.  under download 2/3's of way down page

We have a Digione Signature and Katana.

Just tried that command and it didn't work on wifes Digione Signature running Allo Dietpi which was updated today 6.22.3.

Hopefully its something that is installed specifically when you select your Hat.

Think I will stick to trying to help folks with my specific equipment, docs are nowhere near as detailed with Digione.

Make sure you leave everything on, home networks are quirky while with my gear Katana appeared immediately when I selected ipv6 and rebooted. I have Qnap Nas, Mac, Win 10, Win 7 computers, two switches, and wifi access point. Oh and a firewall routing it all...😎

As your MAC is older see if you can run this one it https://www.openmediavault.org/

Used it for awhile before I bought Qnap.

Have read several reviews and troubleshooting posts. It should just work. No jumpers, select sound card and thats it. 

in terminal/ console on upper right do you see a lightning bolt? If not power is not an issue (flashing on boot fine). 

Post a photo or output of command if not successful.

Change topic to Digione no sound aplay device not found or whatever it says.

probably why newer stuff has LED’s much easier to troubleshoot 

good luck