IGNORED

Computer Storage - Best Practices

• 3 weeks later...

medical practice is not a science - your surgeon will make that clear before he opens you up

modern medical practice is based on science (one reason audiophools are not admitted in any state)

you might benefit by starting with a cognitive psychology text - I posted one title on here a while back; you can then go take a look at what sensory labs are doing right now -- it will reinforce the need for blind testing

sorry about your tinnitus - it is one of many ailments that may mean you can get by with a lower quality system (to look on the bright side)

8 hours ago, mansr said:

It has also not been confirmed, and won't be. A single test result proves nothing. That's all there is to say until substantial new information is obtained. Unfortunately, hauling my lab gear to your place isn't practical.

oh no - this single test result "proves" to xx level of significance that he could hear a difference in the 2 regimes

what we don't know was the cause - unfortunately, software settings differed, and that appears likely to have been the reason; it is certainly the most parsimonious mechanistic explanation

44 minutes ago, manisandher said:

The outputs were bit-identical.

Let me know if you're still finding this a difficult concept to grasp, and I'll try to put it more simply for you.

yeh - while you're at it, give the entire methodology so we can check this unusual result

you never did that in the whole, loooong thread

I am glad that both of the manxx people did this test.  It is certainly a step in the right direction.

And that is true even if manxx #1 got lucky, or if some bias was present besides SQ or if the files really did sound different.

But if the files do have a different sound then that is an extraordinary result, and further investigation is needed.

3 hours ago, moriez said:

Has nothing to do with the intended purpose of the thread and with my point. Take a look again at post #1.

I certainly wonder about this need in you 'non-believers' that must prove the other side wrong or at least oppose time and again unasked for. So tiring. Did all the numbers crunching erase traits like consideration and courtesy? The live and let live? Reminds me of a bunch of fun-loving guys doing what they do until the bad boys from down the block turn up harrassing and ruining a perfectly good time. I quite genuinely wish you guys found a way to enjoy yourselves NOT at the expense of others, because as I see it that's what's going on here way too much. 

There is little for me to add so will now retire from the thread. Sorry for the slight derailment and all the best.

You are correct in that marce did not conduct a controlled experiment on A vs. B to make his stmt.  That is called science (in case you skipped high school or something)

Instead, he is relying on his considerable expertise in very hi-tech fields.  The US Supreme Court interprets how expertise gets into a trial, and it is weighted more highly than someone without expertise.

In my view, if marce is 'guilty' of anything it is being too careful (e.g. importing two noise concerns in batteries from very high level edge of engineering areas into computer audio).

people are being re-ridiculed because they ridiculed others first (who are scientists or engineers with extensive experience in relevant areas to sound reproduction)

either that or their stmt. evince beliefs that are far, far beyond the pale 

Posts claiming that scientists do not have open minds are also off base.  A scientist has an open mind ot new information (data) but it is not open like a screen door in a submarine.  No experiment, no science.

Comparisons here to anti-5G and anti-VAXers are completely appropriate.  Sadly.

• 1 month later...