IGNORED

Innuos Zenith mk2 or Zenith mk3

I had this recent exchange regarding SE upgrades with Nuno. I thought his comments were interesting especially on the Statement level PS:

Regarding the upgrades on the SE, the SE already has a Statement-level power supply - it was inspired on that design that the Statement came to life. As for software, even Mk.I with innuOS will be updated with new software never mind the SE. We do support our products in the long run. The PhoenixUSB is an upgrade per se for our MkI and MkII users, this is why we decided on an external box rather than launching a new ZEN series server with the reclocker built-in...

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2020 at 3:48 PM, kennyb123 said:

I recently swapped a Zenith Mk3 for the Mk2.  I'm not sure I'd characterize the differences the way you did. 

I have owned both a Zenith MK2 & a Zenith MK2 SE and there is no way I would characterize the MK2 not a hi-fi product. It is a very good server. The SE is better and more on par with the MK3 but it is not 2x better than a MK2. 10-15% better. The MK2 is a fine unit

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase