IGNORED

allo DigiOne signature tweaks :-)

i bought Allo digiOne signature some time ago and i find this board to be quite amazing,...thanx Allo for the great product!,

i'm a diy freak at the same time and built many DACs in the past and decided to do a simple capacitor upgrade on Allo board, 

most of power supply rails start with 220uf solid polymer smoothing cap ...visible on top/bottom board and after that only SMT/SMD ceramic caps of 10uf  bypassed with it 0.1uf of the same kind and etc. and etc...not the best type of caps to be honest, but small and cheap, probably enough to sound good but i always found Allo board to sound a little on the bright/clinical side with slight lack of deep bottom end,..otherwise very spacious sound with lots of details and etc.

i have built quite few audio toys before and i love a great sound 🙂 so i decided to replace some critical capacitors on allo board.

...the plan was to get rid of most of the SMD stuff and replace it with some great electrolytic caps,...i used Rubycon zlh, panosonic FC, Oscon sepc, Tantalumcaps. ..close to wm8805 receiver chip used to generate digital signal.

i will tweak the top board next, after i get used to the new improved  sound.

i will share my findings i hope allo doesn't mind it ;-).

allo1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

after capacitor upgrade on bottom board of allo digione signature i got thicker/fuller sound with deeper bottom end but the top end is still not outperforming my Bryston bdp-1,  bryston has much better balance between top bottom and separation of individual notes is greater, image is much wider and easier to follow,....Allo sounds great if i didn't have bryston next to it.

allo sound very 3d but not as wide and spacious as bryston.

i decided not to give up and started doing tweaks on top board and ...holly Holly, few simple tweaks and allo started to sing like never before :-),...the image is huge, juicy, wide and super hallucinogenic!,  and so far i have only added some new electrolyte caps at the start of power supply rails and new one voltage super regulator TPS7A47xx just one for critical output stage and silver capacitor on the very last output and WOW.

there are few more important regulators that can be upgraded with super regulators and new and better psu  capacitors,

i will obviously keep the film caps where they are! 🙂

but to do all the tweaks i will probably built separate board and wire all from there, allo board isn't big enough for the tweaks.

at the moment my allo signature sounds as good as bryston bdp-1, perhaps even better? ...first impression was amazing, i need to spend time with it to confirm it.

so far so good.

thumbnail (4).jpg

3 hours ago, kropka235 said:

after capacitor upgrade on bottom board of allo digione signature i got thicker/fuller sound with deeper bottom end but the top end is still not outperforming my Bryston bdp-1,  bryston has much better balance between top bottom and separation of individual notes is greater, image is much wider and easier to follow,....Allo sounds great if i didn't have bryston next to it.

allo sound very 3d but not as wide and spacious as bryston.

i decided not to give up and started doing tweaks on top board and ...holly Holly, few simple tweaks and allo started to sing like never before :-),...the image is huge, juicy, wide and super hallucinogenic!,  and so far i have only added some new electrolyte caps at the start of power supply rails and new one voltage super regulator TPS7A47xx just one for critical output stage and silver capacitor on the very last output and WOW.

there are few more important regulators that can be upgraded with super regulators and new and better psu  capacitors,

i will obviously keep the film caps where they are! 🙂

but to do all the tweaks i will probably built separate board and wire all from there, allo board isn't big enough for the tweaks.

at the moment my allo signature sounds as good as bryston bdp-1, perhaps even better? ...first impression was amazing, i need to spend time with it to confirm it.

so far so good.

thumbnail (4).jpg

Very interesting, thanks! Once you have found out what you would like to see in a revised version of the DigiOne Signature, could you please add your suggestions to 

? Thanks,

nbpf

10 hours ago, nbpf said:

Very interesting, thanks! Once you have found out what you would like to see in a revised version of the DigiOne Signature, could you please add your suggestions to 

? Thanks,

nbpf

Hi,

..., thanx npbf, that got me thinking a lot in fact?

if i keep posting about how i see new Allo board i will need to call it The Allo Super Signature 9  :-).

...should i?, 

:-). 

not sure.

best.

10 hours ago, nbpf said:

? Thanks,

nbpf

Hi,

..., thanx npbf, that got me thinking a lot in fact?

if i keep posting about how i see new Allo board i will need to call it The Allo Super Signature 9  :-).

...should i?, 

:-). 

not sure.

best.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Lol .. wasted 10 mins of my life with no response from OP .. so what if it beats my Antipode oladra cx and ex if no further info as nicely requested my mdr ... 3+ yrs ago 😅

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones