IGNORED

Acoustic Portrait Records - Indian Classical Music

5 hours ago, austinpop said:

I have to say the 24/192 mastering is really outstanding, and rare indeed for an Indian classical recording. Very enjoyable. For those who haven't heard the santoor, it's a north Indian and Central Asian dulcimer, and gorgeous in its smooth tonality. While the performance very good, to my inexpert ears, this is no match for the sheer virtuosity of the santoor master Shivkumar Sharma. Still, I applaud this label for bringing audiophile SQ to Indian classical music.

The artist Suma Hegde is under the tutelage of Dr Dhananjay Daithankar who is himself a disciple of Pt. Shivkumar Sharma.  

There is a connect of sorts in that she comes from the same school but she is still a young talent with quite a ways to go.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Doak said:

the background/base "thrumming" an off-stage sitar?

I don't know for sure what is being used. 

But the background drone is traditionally done with a Tanpura

Another option to create the drone sound is a keyless harmonium i.e. shruti box.  

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...