I own a Klimax DSM and, as others have pointed out, Linn & Roon have worked out an endpoint solution (you can't group Linn DS players with other Roon endpoints, long story), so other than setting up a Roon Core on a PC, you don't need anything extra to start using Roon, provided your KDS is current on its software updates. 

You will need to have a Roon core installed to use Roon and you could put that on any computer in the house that is connected to your LAN. And, while using a switch just for your KDS might improve things, if you're already streaming from your QNAP and your router, you really don't need anything else. 

That said, I use a Small Green Computer I7 for a dedicated Roon core server and have a Cisco SG-100D switch that I use just for the server and KDSM. I originally bought the I7 because I thought I'd use Roon's DSP for room correction, but I bought a Trinnov Altitude 16 instead and, yes, the KDSM sounds better as the source than using the Trinnov as an endpoint...don't ask me why, 'cause it converts all analog to digital so, in theory, I'm hearing the Trinnov's DACs in both cases...

ChrisG

Bend, OR