22 hours ago, Bones13 said:

I don't have a Linn player, but I do know they added Roon endpoint status in 2018.

That is incorrect. Roon version 1.5 added support for streaming to Linn DS players - so similar to Roon's 'special' support for streaming to HQPlayer, AirPlay, Squeezebox & Google Cast (Chromecast) devices and has therefore nothing to do with its own RAAT streaming protocol used by Roon Endpoints.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 3/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, Abolive said:

Hello all,

I have a Linn Klimax DS, connected by ethernet to my Internet provider box, as well as a qnap 109. These were Linn's recommandations when I purchased my first DS streamer. Reading the forum, I feel it may not be the best set up. 

I would like to try Roon and not have too many boxes and cables. 

What would you advise me to do? Get a nuc for Roon + a Switch, another nas with ssd cache, or going the innuos or sonictransporter route ? I'm a bit lost as many threads seem open to debate in the long run and tend to favor USB related solutions.

Thanks a lot!

Why don't you just try Roon Core Server on a bog standard computer streaming to the Linn Klimax and see how you get on with that first, before you consider using NUC + ROCK (or sonictransporter, etc) for Roon Core Server streaming to the Linn Klimax?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox