IGNORED

iFi foe fum

16 minutes ago, Miska said:

The filter doesn't seem so far from the MQA filters. And it was introduced at the same time with MQA support. So I'm wondering how much there is actually common ground between the two...

They say it "was developed by iFi according to our specifications in conjunction with the MQA team."

3 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I tell you what, i was looking at the iFi Dac literature, and their plots look remarkably like the Stereophile ones.

I reckon Stereophile borrowed them from the iFi literature. When iFi finds out, i think they ain't gonna be happy. I mean, copying someone elses drawings, is an utter disgrace. It just goes to show, you can't trust some people.

iFi already admitted to pilfering the plots from Stereophile. Now let's leave that topic aside, however amusing it may be.

2 hours ago, crenca said:

Do you or anyone else know if the analogue filter in the Nano is the same as the one in the micro iDAC2 (non black label version(s) - and for that matter do the black lable version have a different analog filter)?  I have a Nano I travel with, but I use the micro iDAC2 in my HP rig when I am not using some other DAC...

The Nano has a simple, passive 2nd order RC filter between the DAC and the headphone amp. The iDAC2 has a more elaborate active filter incorporating an OPA1654 opamp. I'm not sure of the exact topology.

4 minutes ago, crenca said:

Thanks.  Do you know enough about the topology to say if either the passive filter in the Nano or the OPA1654 in the iDAC2 is in the signal path when using the RCA outs?

The low-pass filter is required with the DSD1793 chip, so yes, it is used with both RCA and headphone outputs.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

As a baseline for comparison, can you share the same measurements with the DSD1793 doing the digital filtering , for this same DAC?

The best I can do in that regard is recording the analogue output. I did that a while back: