IGNORED

Streamers ranked by sound quality

• 2 years later...
36 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

??? You may just have said that you like herrings, especially red ones. What has what you've just said got to do with what I actually highlighted as an obvious fundamental error in what was quoted from his review? 

Well, let me repeat it so you can take a few more minutes to try to understand before jumping at my throat again..

The author of the article does not make a "fundamental error" as he is talking about music streamers, which do in fact input music files (in various formats, and using various protocols), as you say. He is not talking about DACs. 

6 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Nothing wrong with the term 'music files', not sure why you thought that was the issue, I was just highlighting that music files just don't simply get sent by a streamer to a DAC, ie, they get decoded to a realtime digital audio signal first - DACs don't input music files😀 

Once again, the author never said that "DACs input music files". 

As for the rest of the article, I liked it. It's nice to see that a reviewer does not yet again talk about "the law of diminishing returns" to justify spending much more for very little (if any) improvement in audio quality. His point of view is honest and refreshing. 

This is getting tedious. I just wanted to give the reviewer some credit. He is not a "newbie", seems to understand well the difference between a streamer and a DAC and understand that a music file is not just send "as is" to a DAC. He also seems pretty honest in his appraisal of the equipment he reviews. I make fun of reviewers all the time - but in this instance I find that I quite like what he has to say. Here is his website if you want to read more:

https://audiophilereview.com/steven-stone/