IGNORED

Shunyata Science....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, mansr said:

It doesn't say what they are measuring, let alone what the units are, other than an in-passing mention of common-mode noise. If that's what this is about, it seems like they discovered the ferrite choke. Or that they should have, but failed and built something much more expensive instead.

Did you notice the author...?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Not that professional made clip and neither that effective as the Shunyata but well... I think it is ok: 🙂

Keces BP-600 with a Power Dectet behind

The strange thing (to me) is the/my Power Dected reduces the EMI even more but not for its sockets but for the sockets in the "neighborhood". The Keces reduces the EMI for the sockets behind only. So two Power Dectets in parallel should do a good job, too.

emiconcern.jpg

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

I get noise on mains but isn't noise mitigation post mains cable? AC generally becomes DC and passes through a good number of components depending an what you're running. I've read some of the Shunyata stuff and they make leaps, mention noise and then it's wholesale degradation, with a great big gap/assumption in the middle. I'd love to hear you CA EEs comment form a scientific perspective...

I would prefer that they use a readily available "noise sniffer" rather than something that is out of production.   This choice makes me think that they are being intentionally obfuscatory.  Granted, this is a "show report", but it doesn't appear that they were making any claims (based on actual listening or otherwise) beyond the numbers reported on the Entech noise sniffer going down.

Recently I was troubleshooting an issue with static electricity discharges and my desktop rig and saw that Greenwave makes an EMI meter to test AC power.  Does anyone here have any experience with this device and would it be functionally comparable to the Entech?

https://greenwavefilters.com/dirty-electricity-meter/

3 hours ago, mansr said:

One thing that amuses me about Shunyata is how they claim their cables simultaneously provide "fast transient response" and filtering of high-frequency noise.

Can a circuit provide low-level detail without passing low-level noise?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, mansr said:

Sure, if it incorporates an intelligent demon (a cousin of Maxwell's) that lets "signal" electrons pass while blocking "noise" electrons.

Yeah, just wondering whether there might be characteristics other than frequency  on which to work.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, mrvco said:

I would prefer that they use a readily available "noise sniffer" rather than something that is out of production.   This choice makes me think that they are being intentionally obfuscatory.  Granted, this is a "show report", but it doesn't appear that they were making any claims (based on actual listening or otherwise) beyond the numbers reported on the Entech noise sniffer going down.

Recently I was troubleshooting an issue with static electricity discharges and my desktop rig and saw that Greenwave makes an EMI meter to test AC power.  Does anyone here have any experience with this device and would it be functionally comparable to the Entech?

https://greenwavefilters.com/dirty-electricity-meter/

Do you know of readily available "sniffers" other than the $130 Greenwave?

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

Do you know of readily available "sniffers" other than the $130 Greenwave?

I just looked at the Greenwave page.  Here is a quote from a user of their filters:

“I used to dread coming home after a 12-hour nursing shift. I would often get home and have to deal with an issue or incident that my babysitter had with one or both of my children. Since installing Greenwave filters, my children are calmer and behaving much better. In six weeks, I have not had a single complaint from the babysitter.”

Calmer and better behaving children.  Now there's a new marketing angle! Courtesy of $0.30 worth of parts in a plastic box plugged into your wall outlet.  Who knew!  x-D

--------

But seriously, a better way to look at mains noise is with a scope.  That way you are not trying to lump the whole spectrum of noise into a single number (based on unknown bandwidth and weighting) or simply listening to squelching noise.

Of course I caution not to plug scope probes directly into your mains outlets!  A small step down transformer should be used.

Here is a simple device--from a professional company who proper engineers mains filters of several types--that provides both safety and a handy BNC for your scope: https://www.onfilter.com/emi-measurements