patagent

Want to wifi stream hi res from iPhone

Rate this topic

I currently stream Tidal or Qobuz app from my iPhone 7 to my Allo Digione via UPNP.  As far as I can tell, I am limited to 16/44 even when I am playing higher resolution files.  Is there an app that will let me stream wifi from my phone at higher resolutions?

mConnect should do the trick. Try it out with the "Lite" version and then you can determine if you need the full on version (which I think is no more than $5 to $7).

1 hour ago, KenG said:

mConnect should do the trick. Try it out with the "Lite" version and then you can determine if you need the full on version (which I think is no more than $5 to $7).

I’ve actually tried mconnect paid version on the iPhone but could not WiFi stream hires. I understand that mconnect HD may be able to but that app is only available on iPad. 

37 minutes ago, patagent said:

I’ve actually tried mconnect paid version on the iPhone but could not WiFi stream hires. I understand that mconnect HD may be able to but that app is only available on iPad. 

You're probably right. I have an Allo Signature Digione that I mostly stream from Audirvana to the Pi. I remember trying it with mConnect when I first got the Digione and it worked but may not have validated that it was transmitting Qobuz or Tidal in hi-res. I just cancelled Qobuz but will re-test Tidal over the weekend. BTW, operationally mConnect is very lacking anyway which is why I went to Audirvana. 

What absolute nonsense!

All versions of the mConnect Player app have a built-in standard UPnP/DLNA controller (aka control point) that has been designed to also provide access to the TIDAL & Qobuz online music streaming services. That UPnP/DLNA controller:

- Instructs a UPnP/DLNA renderer, such as the Allo Digione operating under UPnP, to stream audio file tracks directly from the (media) server providing them. This includes directly from both TIDAL's online server and Qobuz's online server. Therefore the mConnect Player app most certainly does not get the Allo Digione to stream TIDAL & Qobuz file tracks from the iPhone it's running on.

- Does not impose any restrictions when instructing the UPnP renderer to network stream hi-res audio file tracks, regardless as to whether you are using WiFi or the wired portion of the network.

15 hours ago, patagent said:

No, the 'HD' refers to it being designed for horizontal screen use, so tailored for the iPad and has nothing to do with the audio streaming resolution. The iPhone version has been designed for vertical screen use. Take a look at the comparison table of the various versions of conversdigital's mConnect app, on the conversdigital website:

http://conversdigital.com/eng/product/product04.php

18 hours ago, patagent said:

I currently stream Tidal or Qobuz app from my iPhone 7 to my Allo Digione via UPNP.  As far as I can tell, I am limited to 16/44 even when I am playing higher resolution files.  Is there an app that will let me stream wifi from my phone at higher resolutions?

Assuming you are connecting with an account that allows you to stream hi-res audio file tracks from Qobuz or TIDAL, what exactly is making you think that you are not able to get the Allo Digione to stream, via UPnP,  hi-res audio file tracks from those online music streaming services under the control of the mConnect Player app running on the iPhone 7?